Article about Henry Ford --Letter of Motivation; MS(mech engineering)

nikhiljagirdar 1 / 1  
LETTER OF MOTIVATION
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford
While in school, I had read a newspaper article about Henry Ford and how his revolutionary idea of the introduction moving assembly line in 1908, to manufacture the Model T, changed the face of the automobile industry. This article inspired me to take up Mechanical Engineering as a career option and to further specialize in Automobile Engineering. The fact that I scored above average marks of 75% in the 10th grade and 80% in the 12th grade furthered my cause of studying engineering. I enrolled for the course of Mechanical Engineering course at College of Engineering, (COEP), Pune in the year 2001. COEP, established in 1854, is the third oldest engineering college in Asia and is one of the premier engineering colleges in India.

At junior college, Mathematics (95% in 12th std) and Physics (95% in 12 std) were my favourite subjects and my love affair with these subjects continued at COEP which my grades of distinction in Engineering Mathematics III and a top 10 percentile score in Machine Design III in Fourth Year Engineering would testify. Graduating with a First Class Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering was proof that I had a strong foundation in the theoretical aspects of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering like Machine design, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, CAD/ CAM, Electrical technology and Industrial Electronics but it was in the real world where I would be tested. I have a rich industrial experience with automobile bellwethers like Tata Motors, Behr, Valeo and Yutaka. During my five years in the automobile industry my major experience has been is in design and development of Starting, Charging and Exhaust system of vehicle. My experience in the automobile industry has given me a certain level of expertise with CATIA design, manufacturing processes, Testing and validation and warranty analysis.

Globally, OEMs are optimizing efficiency, comfort and effectiveness in terms of safety in vehicle design. This challenge in product design is met by various aspects for example use of electronic controlling devices like mechatronic regulators in alternator, relay in wiring harness and sensors. As a Manager-Development with TATA Motors Ltd., I have had an opportunity to work on these aspects of vehicle design.

Today after five years experience of working in the automobile industry, I feel that I am ready to take the next step which would further my career in the industry; a detailed study of Mechatronics in relation to Mechanical Engineering will enable me to work on technical aspects of designing that I know I am capable of. Besides this, I believe firmly in the adage, the only constant in life is change. It has been seven years since I completed my under graduate studies and I feel the time is ripe to upgrade my technical skills and to find out the changes which are currently happening in the field of Automotive Engineering.

The best place to study Automotive and Mechanical Engineering would be Germany. There are a number of reasons for this but the most important one is that Germany is the place where all the recent innovations in the automobile sector have been achieved. Another reason is that the quality of German mechanical engineering has long been much vaunted. Besides the specific courses in Automotive systems which I am looking for are available in Germany and they are much more competitive.

I found that your university having wide experience in faculty and having perfectly design study course. with comprehensive set of electives your course structure is very appealing. After having gone through details of facility and history of success, I feel that it would be ideal place to shape my career. In addition studying in a multicultural university would enable me to improve my interpersonal skills and also it will help me to get exposure to the systems, working method and different culture which will contribute in my evolving as not just a better engineer but also a better human.

I think my knowledge and experience can contribute to achieve competitive demands of program. I can assure you that given opportunity I shall strive to live up to the expectation. I sincerely hope that my application for admission is favorably received.

Pls give your feedback...
WakaDHaka 1 / 2  
Really nice,

what do you specifically like in automobile engineering? What is the ideal car? What programming languages are you sufficient in?

you could talk more about the design you made for the design competition if you have the space...

but honestly this is great work!
OP nikhiljagirdar 1 / 1  
thanks ...I m very much interested in power-train and Engine part. I've basic knowledge C programming.

Surely I'll try to add about design competition named "Fervor" (Mechanical national level competition) which I participated during my college....

thanks again...

Home / Graduate / Article about Henry Ford --Letter of Motivation; MS(mech engineering)