What is the impact of sop (political science) for the approaval of MA?

polgrad 1 / 1  
Hello!

I'm interested in Master programs(political science) in Canada. My department is political science and public administration. My GPA is not very high, and i wonder if i can compensate it by a good sop? What is the proportion of sop during the assessment process? Secondly, my university is one of the best universities in my country(turkey) and it is very difficult to make high grades, so in my sop should i mention the qualities and properties of my university? Lastly, how much shoul i give information about my research interest? Thankssss!!!

p.s.the universities that i'm interested in are U of Toronto,UBC, YORK University,Simon Fraser U.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
Yes, it would help for you to mention the relevant qualities and properties of your university eg. its high standards, if its known for its poli sci department, and any research work you had. It is particularly relevant if you want to continue doing research. SOP also includes your goals, what you plan to do with your MA, where - and maybe you should include why you are selecting these schools.
hat is the proportion of sop during the assessment process?

I don't know the answer to this, because every school is different.

Secondly, my university is one of the best universities in my country(turkey) and it is very difficult to make high grades, so in my sop should i mention the qualities and properties of my university?

I thik you shoud mention the qualities of the university in order to show that it is better than other universities for smeone with your specific interests.

Lastly, how much shoul i give information about my research interest?

In my opinion, it is good to explain a lot about your research interests and your specific plan for the tme you will spend at this school with its esteemed professors.
OP polgrad 1 / 1  
Thanks for advices, they would be very helpful for me. I was so indecisive especially about the second issue.

Home / Graduate / What is the impact of sop (political science) for the approaval of MA?