'intensive student involvement' - my career goal and why MBA essay

michael_shi0331 1 / 1  
Hope my essay is curable.
Did I answer the question in a clear an effective way? Did I present my strengths? Will they feel my passion for their school?

What do you expect to accomplish in the *** Business School MBA program?
How will your participation in the MBA program fit in with your experiences and responsibilities as well as your short and long-term career goals? Please limit your response to two, double-spaced, typed pages.

After years of professional marketing experience in multinational companies, I decided to combine my career and personal interests by setting up a photography studio with my friends in July this year. I'm a photography lover, and the photography industry is the area where I'd most like to work. Through the process of establishing this studio, however, I have begun to see the distance between the ideal and the real. Starting up a photography studio requires knowledge of suppliers, financial control, investment sources, people management, and market positioning, which are challenging my skill limits everyday. I have come to know that my current knowledge and skills are far from sufficient to successfully establish and manage a business in an efficient and fiscally sound manner. I strongly feel that I need a high-quality MBA education to make myself a successful entrepreneur. I want to study all the principal aspects of running a business in a great depth.

Among the top MBA programs in the US, the ***'s MBA program stands out. With concentrations in marketing and entrepreneurship, the 21-month full-time program will give me a broader perspective on real-world business management' valuable experience working collaboratively in teams' and a creative approach to entrepreneurship.

After getting an MBA, my short-term career objective is to work in a marketing management position in the photography industry in the US, ideally, in a photography studio or an international photo agency such as Getty Images or Corbis. Working there will enable me to develop a deep understanding of the American photography market and learn successful business models, which will be of great help to start and manage my own company in the future in China. During my MBA study, I will benefit greatly from the marketing curriculum in ***: I'm most interested in the *** Marketing Strategy Competition, and I want to be part of it. The competition will give me the opportunity to apply marketing strategies to real business challenges. My new skills learnt in ***, along with my past experience will help me to realize my short-term career goal.

My long-term career objective is to establish a photo agency that specializes in providing commercial photography services for American clients in China. I want to open this photo agency because I want to introduce the excellent works of Chinese photographers to America. There are so many talented photographers in China; unfortunately due to the language barrier and lack of trade channels, their works can only be recognized and used domestically. My photo agency will help people of other countries see a modern China through the photos of Chinese photographers. As people are becoming more and more curious about China due to its increasingly important role in the world both in the economy and culture, there will be an increasing demand from publications, media, advertising and corporations for China photos; for example, a photo of concentrated skyscrapers in the CBD area of Shanghai, a photo of hundreds of old Chinese playing "Taichi," or simply a beautiful country scene in Yunnan. It's estimated that the whole market of China photography services will be over $2 billion in 2009 and that a momentum of 15% annual increase rate will be maintained for at least 5 years.

As I mentioned earlier, running a medium-size enterprise like a photo agency would call for a solid knowledge of general management. Attending the *** MBA program is the most efficient way to learn all the components of how to run a business on a larger scale, either for my own in future or someone else's. Courses such as management practice, as well as campus clubs and activities such as the *** Advanced Leadership Academy (GALA) are vital assets in the development of my business model. To manage a photo agency with international elements, I need a global business perspective. I really appreciate the international component of the MBA experience, and I look forward to joining the semester-long study-abroad program to discover how business might be done in other economic contexts.

What I like most about ***'s program is its close-knit culture with intensive student involvement. Its small class size and high faculty/student ratio give students almost unlimited access to professors, administration and the career management center. I am particularly impressed by the core values *** tries to instill in its students throughout the whole program, beginning with the orientation week. I fully concur with these values and want to build up my leadership by embracing them during my study. I would be very proud to be one of the *** community. I cannot forget the confident faces of the *** students when they joined in with the NYSE in ringing the Closing Bell on 2 September. I will be thrilled to be one of them!
I'm a photography (some word other than photography here?) lover, and the photography industry is the area in which I'd most like to work.

Excellent, this is very impressive. The end of the first para, though, is an important par, and your assertions are kind of weak there. Maybe you should mention the specific program in that sentence -- the program into which you are enrolling.

Tai Chi Chuan and Taijiquan are both standard forms, I think, or just Tai Chi, but I think people make it 2 words if they use that spelling.

The first sentence of your last paragraph is a little cliche, and it does not seem to belong in the conclusion. Let that conclusion be a bold, powerful affirmation of your confidence in their program and in yourself.

Home / Graduate / 'intensive student involvement' - my career goal and why MBA essay