'interest in the Microelectronics' - personal statement

soarswan 1 / -  
My name is WWW, a Integration and Yield Engineer in 300mm wafer foundry. I am applying for XXX University's master's degree program in Electronics with great pleasure.

My interest in the Microelectronics field began while I was in collage. My further working experience in wafer fab has inspired me to pursue the Microelectronics profession. XXX electronics project excellent match with my requirement on my way to goals.

I graduated from XXX, one of most famous University in XXX, majoring in Microelectronics in Department of Physics, focus on Semiconductor device aspect. I got solid foundation of Semiconductor through four study. I am good at specialized course and got scholarship of University.

After that I was working as a Integration and Yield Engineer in wafer foundry, 2.5 years in 200mm fab and 2 year in 300mm fab. Mainly focus on defect reduction and yield improvement. It include inline defect monitoring, investigating root causes for high defect density process as well as developing strategy to prevent the problem from recurring in future and driving for process quality improvement. Normally follow these four steps: 1. Assign suit inspection tool for different layer defect data collection according to light wave and signal collection mode; 2. Setup defect related yield model and key defects reduction plan; 3. Gap analysis from yield prediction and actual yield (TEM, E-test etc.); 4. Feedback and improve inspection method and defect yield model. I have accumulated abundant technical knowledge and project investigation experience through work.

I published a patent entitled "Method for Detecting Silicon Chip Edge Automatically" on 17-Feb-2010. The invention discloses a method through functional integration of software and a detection machine, realizes automatic detection on the position of silicon wafer edge, saves manpower and tool time, improves efficiency and strengthens data accuracy and analyzability.

My career goal is to specialize in the area of semiconductor device and wafer processing technology. I can build my knowledge base though the Master's Cause, expand my understanding of my job and maintain professional growth and development by studying in XXX electronic school. After completing my Master cause, I plan to seek employment in technology development department, where I believe I can have more chance in research area and also benefit from exposure to co-workers who have a broad range of experiences. Integrated Circuit is a crucial part of modern life, and and I believe that I can make a significant contribution to microchip production. I an determined to research new technology for improved device and process. My long-standing goal is become a university professor. Such a position is allowed a greater degree of freedom in choice of research areas,most important, I can spread advanced knowledge and technology to my country.

Please help on the english grammar and Article Structure.
Thanks very much.
My name is WWW, an Integration and Yield Engineer in 300mm wafer foundry.XXX electronics project excellent match with my requirement on my way to goals.

I graduated from XXX, one of the most famous Universities in XXX, majoring in Microelectronics in Department of Physics, focus on Semiconductor device aspect.

I got a solid foundation of Semiconductor through four (years of?) study.

I can build my knowledge base though the Master's Course , expand my understanding of my job and maintain professional growth and development by studying in XXX electronic school.

After completing my Masters, cause I plan to seek employment in the technology development department, where...

Such a position is allowed a greater degree of freedom in choice of research areas, and most importantly , I can spread advanced knowledge and technology to my country.

Good luck with school! They'll be lucky to have you as a student!

:)

Home / Graduate / 'interest in the Microelectronics' - personal statement