Personal Statement for Lafayette Describe creative interest or accomplishment

t1292 11 / 21  
"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin I first decided that I wanted to be a writer when I read Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird. I was amazed at how, through the eyes of a child she was able to illuminate social and moral corruptions that were just not discussed during her time. Since then I saw writing as my escape to freedom. My journal became the one place where my heart can speak without having to first consult with my brain.

2000 charecters where do I go from here?
Brunoboral - / 4  
i saw writing as my escape to freedom i would say would be cliche.
sounds like a good start tho
The pers. statement is all about... This is me, this is where I am going, this is what I am very serious about.

The reason you are at a loss for how to proceed may be that you don't have this clear purpose in your mind. You should write this from the perspective of a person who absolutely must become an expert in a particular field.

The start is great, but bring it around to this theme: a resolute, proactive scholar.

Home / Undergraduate / Personal Statement for Lafayette Describe creative interest or accomplishment