Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

'making business successful' - Essay for MBA Finance program

kevin75074 1 / -  
My name is Yu-Chieh Li. I graduated from the University of North Texas and received my bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management in December 2007. After graduating from college, I worked for the Renaissance Dallas Hotel as a front desk receptionist.

I really appreciate Marriott to offer me a great opportunity for my internship and Optional Practical Training with its company. As an international student, this is a great and unique experience for me to work in the United States. From my jobs, I learned many valuable customer service skills and the company culture of Marriott. During this time, I gained invaluable experience in the areas of hotel customer service as well as general operations. I like hotel jobs; however, I want to improve myself knowledge by learning something different from hotel industry.

This brings me to why I am choosing Finance MBA as my major. I have reached a point in my life where I would like to take the next step. With my experiences and educational background serving as anchors, I hope to further my knowledge and potential in today's global financial market by taking classes in the area of financial management and gaining a degree that adds value to my career. As more and more businesses reach a global scope, it becomes imperative to understand the foundations of international business. As such, I really want to learn how to deal with business people from different countries, how trade occurs across national boundaries, and how to analyze financial market trend. I am also interested in financial management and economics, as these are essential elements to making business successful.

It is common knowledge that good financial management is an important factor for any company; we can determine a company's financial health through analyzing certain ratios and indexes. In addition to these basic concepts, I would like to learn how to make a company's investment produce the greatest return amidst variable financial markets and through a volatile global currency exchange.

Global economics is always a popular issue in business world. Many companies will fix their investment plans by observing global trends. For the reason, the ability to analyze the economics of market will be very important for business investors.

The MBA Finance program is an excellent way for me to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to survive tomorrow's challenges. Additionally, I look forward to developing social networks with fellow classmates as well as that of the alumni and local business networks.

As I am extremely focused on these goals, I am positive that hard work and diligence in my studies and work will produce a remarkable and satisfying experience in the Graduate program. As such, becoming a student is the first step towards this goal. No matter how far I reach in my future endeavors in International Business, I am always a student and always learning. For the reasons I describe above, being accepted as a candidate to the MBA Finance program is where it shall all start for me.

Home / Graduate / 'making business successful' - Essay for MBA Finance program