My mind incline towards a goal to achieve perfection in my field

lokeshrajukgs 1 / 2  
Please do help me go through my essay, any comment would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lokesh

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today".- Malcolm X
To skim through these quotes daily, said by one of the greatest minds ever, made my mind incline towards a goal to achieve perfection in my field. I intend to pursue an MS degree in order to reach this goal. A fascination for Science and Technology and keen interest in the ever-growing world of technology kindled my passion in the field of electronics and communication.

My interest for electronics began when I used a cellular phone and was astounded by power of electronics. This not only developed my interest in operating it but provoked me to understand what made it to operate. This led me to read on basic electronics and built small electronic circuits. During my high school, I took physics one of my major subjects in which I learned basics of semiconductors and communication technologies. I always updated myself with recent trends and development in the field of electronics and computer.

I continued my passion by choosing an undergraduate study on Electronics and Communication Engineering in Bannari Amman Institute of Technology. The curriculum was well crafted, and devoted to the novel developments in the field of electronics and communication. Each topic in my course imparted a firm foundation and threw the lime light on latest advancements in the field that provoked me to learn with zeal. This propelled me to maintain a consistent academic record in college with a cumulative aggregate of 80.8%.My learning in college made my eyes open wide and totally changed my vision on approaching the problems and solving it. I was exposed to subjects like Communication theory, Digital Signal Processing, Computer Networks, Digital Communication, Wireless networks which injected a special interest on Communication and Networks. I developed a deep understanding on the basics and underlying principles Communication and Networks.

Out of the box thinking was always one of my strongest aspects which enabled me to learn lots of new stuff progressively. Without being content of what was being taught in college I always ventured into the open to learn about the innovative inventions we encounter in our everyday life. I have attended various trainings and workshops on LabView, MEMS, FEMLAB (electromagnetic simulation tool), IE3D (antenna design tool) and Networking to further enrich my knowledge. To get hands-on knowledge, I underwent an Industrial training at BSNL, a government owned company which is the largest provider of fixed telephony in India. There I was exposed to the various innovations in telecommunication systems ever since the advent of telephones. Even a working model of the relay based switching system was there which provided me with a shrewd insight of how archaic telephone switching system performed. I'm also active member of IEEE. Apart from my academics, I was a member of Green Eco Club and Rotract Club through which I involved myself in social activities during my course. I was a part of organizing committee of a technical symposium, FUTURA'09 which gave me immense managerial skills.

After successful completion of Bachelor's degree program I joined HCL Technologies as Software Engineer .Being a part of an enthusiastic team I learned about team management, technical project management.

It is by desire rather than coincidence that I apply to your university. It is your university which is at the forefront of technology, and thus I wish to be a part of highly qualified alumni of your university. First, my interest matches closely with the faculty in this department. Secondly, since I intend to engage in intensive research later. Most of all, I feel that your university, with the experienced and excellent faculty, modern facilities and extensive libraries, will provide the right environment to develop my talents. The only certainty about technology in an ever-changing world, and how it affects modern life, is that, changes in society will accelerate at an increase pace. I wish to be a small, though significant part of that future of Communication and networks and would utilize the fullest of my resources and extensive knowledge that would be beneficial to the society. Ten years from now, I see myself heading an active research team engaged in work of direct industrial relevance.

I am sure that I possess the qualities of working hard and being perseverant in addition to intellectual ability and rive that are needed to do justice to study at your university. I thank this opportunity given to express myself and if given the chance, I shall prove worthy of every encouragement given by you.
OP lokeshrajukgs 1 / 2  
Can someone please evaluate my SOP and provide your feedback? your help is much appreciated
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

So there are a few things wrong here. The most glaring omission that I see is the lack of detail on your research past. Since you desire to be the head of a research department, and you are selecting this school because of the research capabilities it has, you need to flush this out fully. What type of research do you want to engage in? Which professor has completed or supervised research in your desired area? How will you specifically utilize the resources of this school/program. These are some of the more important aspects that need to be flushed out here

Hope this helps
OP lokeshrajukgs 1 / 2  
Thank you for your feedback... Will add more details on my research interest
sksbl88 - / 29 6  
Advice...be very careful to talk about detailed information in upper education or things that you don't have experience about directly. It can confuse admissions officers or get them to cross check your statements with an expert in the school to make sure. If you're wrong then that's going to screw you over.

It sounds like you know what you're talking about and really passionate on the major. Just try to consider who is reading this essay. Your audience. Don't go too Einstein on them...make it understandable as if anyone could read it and get it. Explain acronyms but don't list so many as you did. They don't need you to be a wizard but just have the general hearted interested and potential to excel in the program.

Try not to be so wordy also. You have a lot of adjectives and adverbs that make your sentences or paragraphs redundant.

messy but on the right direction...keep going!

Home / Graduate / My mind incline towards a goal to achieve perfection in my field