Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

"motivated to become a physical therapist" - My PTCAS Essay help

als1229 1 / -  
The promt is:Which personal characteristics and motivating factors have led you to pursue the profession of physical therapy

I am motivated to become a physical therapist because I want to enhance physical health, fitness and quality of life to adults and children. A good physical therapist is just as important as a good doctor. I know this first hand.

As a high school student I experienced a life changing injury, I tore my right ACL and Mencius I then had surgery and went to physical therapy. Unfortunately even after therapy I re-tore my ACL my first practice back. After my fist unsuccessful surgery I was worried that I would never be able to play competitively and if I could physically, I wasn't sure I could do it mentally. But after excellent physical therapy and sports training, I was provided with some needed confidence in my physical abilities. After a few months of playing with no injury I knew that I owed my strength to my physical therapist. I know how devastating injuries can be to a person physically and mentally and I will strive to give the best therapy I can to insure a safe recovery and prevention of injury. I know that I have the skills needed to be a quality physical therapist.

I have spent my life around active people, playing sports through high school, and being a member of the varsity volleyball team at Ohio Valley University I have seen how injury can change people's lives. Not only as athletes but as adults, I want to help stop this cycle. I know that I can help people get back to pre-injury state, mentally and physically. I also want to provide an alternative to invasive surgery and help people alleviate pain, and maintain healthy active lifestyles.

I have had the opportunity to work with therapists who have different specialties. I observed a Physical Therapist who specializes in nuero-related issues. This was a completely new experience for me; previously I had no experience with backs. People recovering from back injury and surgery need quality care and he did a fantastic job. Seeing how grateful his patients were made it clear to me that this is the profession for me. The other therapist I observed worked with me previously. He specializes in orthopedic care. Orthopedic care is important because such a vast amount of people need orthopedic care for so many different reasons. The Therapist I observed both do an excellent job, and helped make my decision that I cannot imagine working in another field.

I know that I have the qualities need to be a physical therapist, through college I played a varsity sport and worked. I know how to manage my time, and how to work hard. Which to me are important characteristics of a good Physical Therapist. During my observation hours I saw therapists change people's lives by lifting their sprits and helping them get their quality of life back. I want to be a part of this deeply rewarding field and I know that I have the qualities that will make me successful.

Home / Graduate / "motivated to become a physical therapist" - My PTCAS Essay help