'municipal government' - Admission to program essay

vruiz1 1 / 1  
Please critique. The requirements are: Submit a detailed and thoughtful essay of 500+ words, explain your professional goals and how earning the Master in Administration degree with your chosen Emphasis area will enhance your ability to meet those goals. This essay will be evaluated equally for clarity of thought, and correctness of your grammatical and mechanical writing skills.

Education is the foundation of today's society. Without it, there is no future. I have always considered myself a life student. When an opportunity to learn something presents itself I embrace it.

I started working with the xxx in xxx. Currently, I am a Deputy Clerk but I am on track to becoming City Clerk. Within the past five years I have achieved a significant number of milestones in my career. I have earned a B.S.B.A. in Management, have become a Certified Municipal Clerk, Certified Municipal Elections Official, and have received a certificate in Management and Organizations. I have handled projects to implement records and agenda management software, coordinated citizen engagement programs, helped to develop organization-wide policy and procedure and developed streamlined processes within my department. I have also been fortunate to have support in organizing town volunteer fundraising efforts for the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Aside from my normal job accomplishments, I am also very active in the Arizona Municipal Clerks' Association. I re-wrote the mission statement, created a new association website, and have participated in and chaired several committees.

I have learned a great deal about municipal government during my tenure and I want to learn more. My ultimate goal is to manage an organization as a City Manager. To achieve this, I need to complete my academic background and obtain a Master's Degree. While I have some experience in public management, I believe the Master of Administration in Public Management program at xx University is the best way for me to expand my knowledge in public management and achieve my career objectives.

Participating in the Master of Administration program will help me to gain a better understanding of organizational management, including problem-solving of issues faced by managers today. I am confident that the program will enhance my presentation skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, and critical thinking skills. I believe the program will provide me with the necessary tools to further my knowledge in public management. Having this knowledge will allow me to better understand management principles. With so many changes and uncertainties in the world, I believe that a successful manager must have a solid understanding, supported by a strong academic foundation, of how to guide organizations through challenging times.

I strive for excellence and am driven to succeed in my career. My enthusiasm and activeness to be the best in what I do is ultimately what drives me to continue my education. Not only does my educational satisfaction matter, but so does my ability to set an example and become a positive role model and leader. Leadership is a service and I believe management and leadership go hand in hand. I want to be 'the city manager' that all cities want to have.

I am open-minded and prepared to meet all challenges presented to me. I am convinced that a Master of Administration Degree in Public Management will give me an opportunity to build a successful career and become a true professional, regardless of the challenges I will be presented with.

Thank you for your consideration.
I strive for excellence, and am driven to succeed in my career.

My enthusiasm and activeness to be the best at what I do is ultimately what drives me to continue my education.

Your essay is pretty much perfect. Good luck with school.

:)
OP vruiz1 1 / 1  
Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Home / Graduate / 'municipal government' - Admission to program essay