"oil / gas sector and Unconventional energy" - SOP-Petroleum Engineering

kishanjoshi 1 / -  
Persistent people begin their success where others end in failures. - Edward Egglestone

These are the words that have always inspired me and helped me excel in whatever I do. I have always appreciated a positive attitude and a sense of optimism, and these words gave me the confidence and the "never give up" attitude that has helped me a lot through my academic career.Coming from a family of Engineers and Doctors, Education is highly respected in my community. Such an upbringing had instilled upon me the discipline to respect educational values. These are the principles and values with which i seek to pursue MS in Petroleum engineering at XXX.

My hometown Ankleshwar ,in the past also known as one of the largest industrial city of Asia, was famous for its enormous capacity to manufacture all types of goods ranging from chemicals to safety pins. Being a citizen of such a city I would always be curious as to the production and manufacturing facilities in such industries. I was always inclined towards wonders of mathematics and science. My schooling at Chanderbala Modi Academy had provided me the knowledge to experience to look at everything with a scientific and prognostic approach.During one of our routine trips to the industries, i was amazed at the technology and innovation that were applied from the point of exploring a hydrocarbon reservoir to its production in a company like ONGC. This urged me more to learn about the oil and gas sector and the importance of fossil fuels in our daily lives. Therefore, I had chosen to pursue my undergraduate from Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University,

one of the leading Petroleum universities of India.

During my years at the college I created a goal for myself, to establish a milestone in oil and gas sector and also in Unconventional energy. The knowledge of an oil field is better illustrated practically rather then theoretically, hence I was always enthusiastic towards my Internships at ONGC, the place where my dream began. I had come to know through these internships, that being an engineer in an oil field is not only about being thorough about the knowledge, but also requires teamwork and leadership skills. The IEP (International exposure program)3 week study program at University of Houston, Texas was an opportunity for students like me to learn the new developments of the hydrocarbon sector and a great experience as we got to interact with the authors of the petroleum journals, that were very educational and a part of our university course. The whole experience was very invigorating as it included both lectures on all aspects of petroleum as well as field visit to companies like Weatherford, Schlumberger and Baker Hughes. During one such lecture by Dr. Krishnamurti, he presented his practical view by suggesting that if you are limiting yourself to a bachelors degree, then you are labelling yourself to a life of mediocrity. This statement made me realize that there is much more to learn in this field.

As per my interests in Unconventional Energy ,I am currently working on a project "Oil sands and their mining". Oil sands or the bitumen sands are large deposits of bitumen or extremely heavy crude oil mostly found in northeastern Alberta, Canada.With decreasing oil reserve and increasing demand for it, oil sands will prove to be a very useful resource of energy in the future.

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance ,This is what i discovered at my internships and the experience in the IEP , there is no limitation on how much a man can learn nor on how much he can succeed. I envision myself as providing the oil and gas sector with new ideas and studies, and for this I must educate myself to be capable enough to do so. Therefore i wish to pursue my masters program at XXX. I hope the university will provide me with this opportunity that will be a milestone in my academic and professional career, and to fulfill my goal in life and make me and the university proud.
denizozgulbas 1 / 1  
I think the introduction is good but maybe you can give more emphasis on why you choose this university,which features draw your attention?Also you can add your skills such as programming languages or technical skills.

I am studying electronics engineering,thus i do not have enough information about your field but i am also writing sop for masters degree and i would like to give my opinions about my experiences:)

I wish you can get admissions.Good luck my friend:)
Do it like this:
My hometown Ankleshwar is in the past also known as one of the largest industrial city cities of Asia, was famous for its enormous capacity to manufacture all types of goods, ranging from chemicals to safety pins. Being a citizen of such a city I would always be curious----no need to tell the reader it is your home town! :-) Readers enjoy figuring stuff out by themselves.

During one such lecture by Dr. Krishnamurti, he ...This statement made me realize that there is much more to learn in this field. ---Very impressive! The reader will enjoy this.

I see that you capitalized This even though a comma comes before it:
Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance ,This is what i discovered ...
Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. This is what I discovered ...

:-) You will do very well, I think!!

Home / Graduate / "oil / gas sector and Unconventional energy" - SOP-Petroleum Engineering