PhD SOP Pharmaceutics (Research is not an 8-16 job)

arete 1 / 1  
Dear EssayForum,
Please help me through my very first PhD SOP. My native language is not English (I'm Norwegian) so be kind to correct my English, and also feel free to comment the content. I wellcome all ideas and suggestions with open arms! Thank you.

Research is not an 8-16 job - it's a way of living!

The decision to pursue a Ph.D. degree from Department of Pharmaceutics at XXX is motivated by my wish to continue to be part of an excellent academic institution with internationally acknowledged research at top level. I am interested in being a part of Professor XXX's work because if his recognized expertise on solid state pharmaceutics with advanced processing technologies.

The interest for research in pharmaceutical technology arose during my master's thesis titled "XXX" in which I developed a novel method for characterizing the crushing strength of coated granules. This new approach will lead to a quality improvement of the coated pellets in the coating process and be a part of PAT implementation. This successful work has not only given me a certain set of skills but has also helped me understand my fields of interest and my academic strengths.

Through my future research efforts I want to immerse myself professionally and obtain new knowledge in the field of pharmaceutics. I have always been attracted to and fascinated by pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical technology because of the combination of both bio-chemical and technical-engineering aspects. Furthermore it appeals to me, that the acquired knowledge in pharmaceutics has a broad application and is not limited to for example treatment of only one kind of disease. Besides research, I also see teaching as an important part of my future. It is important to impart knowledge gained from research to students and the general public.

I am completely aware of that getting a Ph.D. is not exactly a bed of roses, and is not like an extended master's thesis, but I have devoted myself to scientific research and am prepared to work hard and methodical to achieve our common goals. I must admit I do not possess the solutions to all the challenges outlined in the project description, but I can definitively find the answers through persistent commitment, thereby raising the academic expertise of the department. I will be the first one coming to lab at the morning, and the last to go home at the evening. I feel a driving force pushing me to explore and learn new things. I am by nature a curious person with a creative mind. Being able to identify patterns and relationships that are not obvious to others is perhaps my greatest strength. I enjoy spending time searching for solutions no matter how demanding the quest might be; not giving up quickly. I can easily perform my tasks both independently and as a member of a team. My theoretical and experimental qualifications can be certified by Associate Professor XXX and research scientist XXX (see letter of recommendation).

I can assure that I have the qualities and the motivation to make a significant contribution to the consortium, and I believe I can further the departments reputation. I hope you will take a favorable decision regarding my admission to the Ph.D. program.
They'll know how passionate you are for your studies by this great, heartfelt essay! Here are a few things I found though;

I am interested in being a part of Professor XXX's work because of his recognized expertise...

My interest in research in pharmaceutical technology arose during my master's thesis titled "XXX" in which I developed a ...

This new approach will lead to a quality improvement of the coated pellets in the coating process and become a part of PAT implementation.

...has a broad application and is not limited to, for example, treatment of only one kind of disease.

I am completely aware of that getting a Ph.D. is not exactly...

... and am prepared to work hard and methodically to achieve our common goals.

I will be the first one coming to lab at the morning, and the last to go home in the evening.

"I feel a driving force pushing me to explore and learn new things. I am by nature a curious person with a creative mind. Being able to identify patterns and relationships that are not obvious to others is perhaps my greatest strength." This is great!!

I can assure you that I have the qualities ...

I hope you will make a favorable decision regarding my admission to the Ph.D. program.

:)
OP arete 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot Susan! I appreciate your help :-)

Home / Graduate / PhD SOP Pharmaceutics (Research is not an 8-16 job)