Research interests in Haematological Malignancies ; E-mail for PhD application

LancetK 1 / -  
I am planning to send a e-mail to a professor. however, I am not a very good at English. So, I really need your help to improve this letter. I appreciate all the help, thank you!

Dear Professor XXX,
I am writing to you for the opportunity to study in your laboratory. I am XXX, Master from XX University. Recently, I read about your research interest in haematological malignancies and found that it align with mine. I've always been fascinated by the research of cancer, for which reason I wish to pursue a PhD under your esteemed guidance.

During my graduate studies, I took part in two research projects, including "Ethanol fermentation of amorphous cellulose by recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae" and "Association of polymorphisms of TLR family with Graves' disease". This past summer, I took part in a project hosted by Prof. XX named "XXX". This experience aroused my interest in understanding the cellular and molecular basis of a disease and its treatment.

However, studies I have involved were about the superficial descriptions, and underlying mechanistic investigations were still limited. A better research platform is urgently needed. The Department of Pathology at XX University has an excellent reputation and your recent work on lymphoma has sparked my interest. So I am aspiring to take part in your lab desiring to develop my investigations with your help and I believe my experience and knowledge would be an asset.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.
talisca17 1 / 2  
I guess you shouldn't use the words 'I've always been fascinated' it sounds biased. However, just go straight to your two research projects.
I am writing to you for the opportunity to study in your laboratory

I am writing this letter to request for an opportunity to study in your laboratory. ... Are you talking of joining his research team or seeking permission for working in his lab?

I am XXX, Master from XX University.

I am xxxxxx and I hold a Masters degree in yyyyy from ZZZZ University.
Recently, I read about your research interests in haematological malignancies and found that itthey align well with minemy interests too.

I've always been fascinated by the research of cancer, for which reason I wish to pursue a PhD under your esteemed guidance.

Being enthusiastic over researching on cancer related topics, I consider it is a privilege for me if I will be able to read for a PhD under your guidance.

Home / Graduate / Research interests in Haematological Malignancies ; E-mail for PhD application