sop - post grad. in environment technology.

jeet 1 / -  
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Once I accompanied my father to the outskirts of our city, in the way I saw a huge dump of garbage, on inquiring I was told that this is the city dumping ground and our city is responsible for this. That was the day I knew of what I want to be in life.

Career plans and long term goal.

There are many undesirable changes occurring to our environment due to the unplanned and severe exploitation of natural resources. The results of unplanned and unsustainable development can be seen all over the world in form of climate changes, soil & water intoxication, inhuman work environment and etc. Environment conservation has always been a major concern in my life. With the help of sustainable product design and innovation we can check the socio-ecological impacts of a product and hence mitigate the undesirable effects on nature and surroundings. Professionally, I want to hold a position where I can stream my knowledge and capabilities to research and to innovate products which leads us to the path of everlasting and eco-friendly human development.The desire to become a part of this revolution, to tackle the challenges in doing so and the seriousness of the problem, has motivated me to opt for a career in this field. In the long-term, I want to take up an exacting position, either in the public sector or the industry, where I can be part of research work and can apply my knowledge in environment conservation activities.

What I want to contribute.

For the sustainable development both environment conservation and economic development should go on simultaneously. Product & service innovation is the right tool that can lead us to the path of sustainable development to make our world a better place to live in. With a desire to contribute for the sustainable future and skills that I have developed through time, I want to pursue my career in this field.

What I have.

I believe my past education , my experiences , my present and a determined approach towards the future are the main ingredients of my recipe for success in my long-term goals.

My schooling and graduation.

General sciences and mathematics has always been an area of interest during my schooling. Participation in various school level activities both in academia as well as sports helped to maintain a correct balance in my mental and physical growth.

With a good rank in national level entrance exam I qualified for admission in a reputed engineering college. An intense engineering curriculum focused on both theoretical and practical knowledge helped me to have an edge in pragmatic and creative thinking. Courses in advance engineering mathematics helped me hone my mathematics skills where as courses in electronics were important part of my engineering curriculum. I also studied various instrumentation and control subjects as part of my course. Electronics measurement & instrumentation, biomedical instrumentation, telemetry data process and recording were some of my favourite subjects where I learnt about various industrial sensors, transducers and various medical and other recording and data measuring instruments. I have also studied industrial process control and taken industrial process control laboratory work, where I studied various environmental factors related to industries and the control of industrial atmosphere.

My job experience.

Following my graduation in 2007 with degree in electronics and instrumentation engineering, I volunteered to work as environmental and efficiency consultant to a mining and construction firm based in Nagpur coal mine. I assist my employer to maintain the environmental standards prescribed by the state and central government. Innovative thinking and a good management practice are some of the basic requirement for the work I bear. The nature of my job provided me opportunity not only to learn but to exercise environment conservation practices at ground zero level. Efficiency is another consideration that I have to deal with. Maintaining a high efficiency ensures optimum utilization of resources and hence a better output.

My interests and contribution (another side of me)

From the beginning environment conservation and sustainable development are major concerns in my life. It is because of the my concern about the environmental matters that after my graduation I volunteered to work as environmental consultant engineer even though I had a lucrative offer through campus placements.

Even my hobbies like travelling and trekking to remote areas, nature photography, reading about flora and fauna are very much alike to my professional motive. I run a small blog where I have displayed a few of photographs in an attempt to motivate people to appreciate nature's beauty.

Why BTH.

With contemporary and comprehensive programmes offered at Blekinge Institute of Technology and a strong focus on research module made me select BTH as my study destination. From a careful study of the department's brochures and the advice of the faculty of my previous institute, I have realized that BTH can provide me with a perfect environment for directing my mental resources towards my goals. I am confident of meeting the high standards at BTH. It is with this in mind that I am looking forward to a long and rewarding relationship with you.

jeet
smilingkey 1 / 5  
I qualified for

I am qualified for
Once I accompanied my father to the outskirts of our city. On the way, I saw a huge dump of garbage. Upon inquiring, I was told that this is the city dumping ground and our city is responsible for this. That was the day I knew of what I want to be in life.

...to the unplanned and severe exploitation... ---- it always was planned. :-)

Professionally, I want to hold a position where I can hone my knowledge and capabilities to research and to innovate products which lead us to the path of everlasting and eco-friendly human development.----- very nicely written!

From the beginning Environment conservation and sustainable development are major concerns in my life.

General sciences and mathematics has always been an areas of interest for me during my schooling.

I am confident about meeting the high standards at BTH.

:-)

Nice job!! This reflects intelligence and seriousness.

Home / Graduate / sop - post grad. in environment technology.