PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR MSC.FIANANCE AND INVESTMENT; perfect fit-focused, practical topics

taxado 1 / 1  
I am applying for a place on the MSc finance and investment program at the University, am very interested in the topics which are perfect fit-focused, practical and business oriented particularly, corporate finance and valuation, Risk management and derivatives. My interest in these areas was first aroused during my undergraduate studies where I studied investment analysis, and financial management and we chose to do a group course work on the challenges facing financial enterprises in Uganda.

During my studies and interaction with some financial professional and investment bankers on the problems relating to the collapse of such enterprises Uganda, I realize that, many Ugandans have been able to start up their own social and financial enterprises. Despite the high startup numbers created, many have not been able to last for more than two years. The main cause of the collapse of such enterprises has been poor management skills, lack planning, poor financial literacy, lack of record keeping and many other factors. This are the reasons why am applying for the master science in finance. Your program not only covers the above topics and technical skills crucial for my career growth but will also introduce me to the new areas of investment management and analysis, asset valuation and risk assessment procedures technics which are the missing gap to make a substantial career progress.

Uganda is one of the developing countries which have been receiving funding in terms of scholarship in the areas of health, Agriculture, Human rights but less funding and focused has been put in building the technical skills and management skills in managing projects in the above mentioned sectors yet it's now the biggest challenges facing most financial enterprises and business in Uganda. Ugandan government is striving to achieve the vison 2040 one of which is to take Uganda to middle income country which I am pretty sure that MSc Finance and investment would fit into my country's strategic plan and contribute to the development of my country.

In addition, the MSc. Finance and investment degree from university is crucial for my career growth. The program will broaden my knowledge and understanding of the topic as a whole I believe that exposure to a diverse spectrum of culture which is provided by the diverse class, clubs and alumni community will challenge, motivate and will rapidly develops my leadership potential for future managerial position.

Following my MSc. Finance and investment I would like to peruse a CFA professional certification to further my interest in equity analysis and investment through possible researching with either International financial institution or government department or any other public sector organization. I believe this real world researched based will helps to increase the knowledge, skills and understanding of finance in the global context.
tyjoke 2 / 7 1  
First line you have missed I before am.Your essay will give a sense of a well-written if your second paragraph comes first.And you can conclude with the information you have written in intro.In third paragraph ,you could have introduce yourself as a temworking person with the development of Uganda and your participation on it.If you are applying for Masters Degree,I fell like you have scaled down your vocabulary. Vocabulary can tell how much you are learned in different subject matter.
OP taxado 1 / 1  
Thank you tyjoke, how did i scale my vocabulary ?

Home / Graduate / PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR MSC.FIANANCE AND INVESTMENT; perfect fit-focused, practical topics