My study background and performance--statement of purpose for Msc in Economics

Sunny_L 1 / 1  
I heard the anecdote about George Soros who used a series of sophisticated strategies to short the Asian currency and devoured tons of profits. And I learned that his every strategy and every transaction in the market were based upon rigorous calculation and precise assessment of the economic situation. It enlightened my thinking mathematics and economics as the cornerstone of finance. Thus I worked hard on courses in mathematics such as calculus, linear algebra, and probability and in economics theories including microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics. But the mathematical level can't please my thirst for knowledge of mathematical foundations underlying economic concepts. So I took the courses of Principles of Optimization and Numerical Analysis as elective courses which are the compulsory subjects of mathematics specialty students at 3rd grade while I took them on my 2nd grade and finally got the score of over 90% of full mark.

All these harsh trainings laid a solid foundation of my further study and scientific search. At the end of my 2nd grade, I joined the Provincial Development and Reform Commission "twelfth five years" planning seminar led by my tutor, Professor Wang. Utilizing the summer vacation, we visited 6 main cities in Anhui Province to investigate the financing status. I completed the analysis of financial data of Urban Construction Investment Companies within 3 days on my own. Towards the end of the reports, I've acquired more sophisticated mathematical tools and writing ability.
And I learned that his every strategy and every transaction in the market were based upon rigorous calculations and precise assessment of the economic situation.

It enlightened my thinking of mathematics and economics as the cornerstones of finance.

Thus, I worked hard on courses in mathematics such as calculus, linear algebra, and probability, and in economics theories including microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics.

But the mathematical level can't appease my thirst for knowledge of mathematical foundations underlying economic concepts.

All these harsh trainings have laid a solid foundation for my further study and scientific research .

:)

Home / Graduate / My study background and performance--statement of purpose for Msc in Economics