Summary of research Interest (PhD in pharmacology)

nikesh1978 1 / -  
I am Nikesh Patel, a PhD in pharmacology with 8 years experience in Clinical Pharmacology. I have completed my PhD in May 2010 and now looking forward to pursue Post Doctoral Fellowship.

I had started my professional studies with B.Pharm, from L.M. College of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad in 1996. The duration of this course was 4 years. During my tenure, I had studied various subjects of Pharmacy majorly Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Technology, Quality Assurance, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology and Pathology etc. Out of all these subjects Pharmacology overwhelmed me most and hence decided to pursue the post graduation in Pharmacology.

I had joined M.P. Shah Medical College to pursue MSc in Pharmacology in 2000. This was 2 years full time course specialized in pharmacology. I had studied various aspects of pharmacology i.e. Applied Pharmacology, Clinical pharmacology, Experimental Pharmacology, Toxicology and Practical applications. I have had a chance to work on various clinical and non-clinical projects during this period. I had chosen Toxicological studies in animals as a dissertation topic. However have had an opportunity to work in clinical studies as well. The major projects were 1). To study prescription patterns among physicians in city of Jamnagar 2). Assessment of Pharmacokinetic parameters of Bosvolic acid in healthy human subjects. By and large it was a great learning and also develops my interest for Clinical Research. I had completed by post graduation with contemplation to choose Clinical Research as a future endeavor. At the same time, Claris endowed an opportunity to work in field of Clinical Research.

I have joined an India Pharmaceuticals Company (Claris Life sciences Ltd) as Clinical Research Associate. I have learnt different aspects of Clinical Research i.e. Protocol Development, Designing of eCRF, Preparation of ICF, Executions and Monitoring of Clinical Trials. The tenure with this company was very short, due to limited learning potential. I wanted to explore and learn clinical studies in very details manner. Hence I had have left Claris and joined Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Torrent is an India MNC majorly in Generic drug business with operations India, EU, US and Africa. In spite of generic business, Torrent has an advance Clinical Research Department and facility to conduct Phase I-VI Clinical Trials and Pharmacokinetic studies. I had been exposed to Pharmacokinetics and Phamcodynamics studies along with Phase II - IV clinical trial. This was most incredible phase of learning. Challenges in designing of pharmacokinetic studies for generic drugs were most compelling part during my tenure. Torrent had also endowed me with an opportunity to pursue my doctorate in Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Clinical Studies in patients. Topic entitled "Proof of concept single and multiple dose pharmacokinetic studies of a sustained release formulation of an antiepileptic drug and its assessment of safety, efficacy and switchability (from conventional release formulation). Throughout PhD, I had have learnt about the challenges and practical solutions of Clinical Pharmacokinetics. My thesis work was very extensive and appreciated by both the referees. It was fulfilling all criteria of publication but unfortunately, I was not able to publish the work due to company's policy. However my interest of Clinical Pharmacokinetics in Phase I studies was still unexplored. I was involved in discovery activities but in very primary level and just involved in designing of phase I studies in very primary stage.

I have joined Quintiles Research Limited in Nov 2008 to understand the Global Clinical Trial and global drug development process. I had joined Quintiles as Clinical Team Leader and involved in various Global Clinical Trials as regional Team lead. Quintiles provided an opportunity to learn about the Drug Development Process and ICH-GCP applications. This was most learning experience, however I have been conceiving my interest to learn concept Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Phase I studies. When I get the information about the Post Doctoral fellowship in Clinical Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics, it was thrilling and most perfect opportunity to satisfy my zeal to learn Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics.
Kapayapaanify1 6 / 19  
I really like your work. :) I am also a pharmacy student, I'm very interested in pharmacolgy.
One day I hope to do as good as you have.Best of luck
soccon36 4 / 11  
I am Nikesh Patel, a PhD in pharmacology with 8 years experience in Clinical Pharmacology. I have completed my PhD in May 2010 and now looking forward to pursuing Post Doctoral Fellowship.

I don't understand when we use "years experience" and "years' experience" or both of them is ok?

This was the most / the best learning experience, however I have been conceiving my interest to learn concept Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Phase I studies. When I get the information about the Post Doctoral fellowship in Clinical Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics
No need for "had" here:
During my tenure, I had studied various subjects, including Pharmacy majorly Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry...

Don't use "had" so much:
(At the start of this paragraph, add a topic sentence to tell the "theme" or main idea for this paragraph). I joi ned M.P. Shah Medical College to pursue MSc in Pharmacology in 2000. This was 2 years full time course specialized in pharmacology. I had studied various aspects of ...

... in very detailed manner.

Where is the second " mark to end the title?
The topic was entitled: "Proof of concept single and multiple dose pharmacokinetic studies of a sustained release formulation of an antiepileptic drug and its assessment of safety, efficacy and switchability (from conventional release formulation). Throughout my PhD program, I had have learnt about the...

:-) this is already very good with just a few errors! You have many impressive accomplishments.

Home / Graduate / Summary of research Interest (PhD in pharmacology)