100-word statement of purpose for MA program in Political Science

Lena 1 / 2  
Hi! I am applying for a Political Science MA program and I need to write a 100-word Statement of Purpose. I should say it's not that easy to explain all the reasons to apply for a program in 100 words, so I'm afraid I have rather weak logic in the statement. I will appreciate a lot if you check it.

My recent comparative macroeconomic research convinced me that economic matters cannot be analyzed separately from political ones because of their interdependence. Guided by the enthusiasm to strengthen my economic knowledge with critical understanding of political processes I apply for the MA program in Political Science. The determining factor of my choice of the university is the emphasis that CEU curriculum puts on political economy of countries in transition. Regarding career, I see myself working for one of the IGOs since I consider them as influential actors in solving international and local problems of economic, humanitarian and political nature.

Thanks in advance!

Lena
Yes! I understand. Great efficiency is necessary here, and your 1st sentence is indeed efficient and impressive. The 2nd sentence could be a little more efficient:

Led by the e Enthusiastic about to strengthen my previous economic education with critical understanding of the influence of liberal economists on political processes, I apply for MA program at XXX.

How about like that? This is quite a profound thought, and I think you are off to a good start.
urbanoutfitters 4 / 8  
Hi, I'm a Political Science major and I think your statement is impressive! It's very specific, which I think the admissions officers will love :)

I have a suggestion:

Perhaps you could break "After graduation I intend to work for one of the UN's specialized agencies such as IMF since I consider NGOs influential actors in international relations because they contribute to integration, democratization and liberalization." into two sentences. It's a little lengthy in leaving something for the admissions officers to remember.

Maybe it could be like:

After graduation, I intend to work for one of the UN's specialized agencies such as the IMF. I consider NGOs as influential factors in international relations because they contribute to integration, democratization and liberation (of? is there a specific country or overall world?)

Hope I helped!
OP Lena 1 / 2  
Yes, you did help! Thanks a lot)
OP Lena 1 / 2  
there has been made some improvements, and the dead-line is coming up. I tried to make each statement more efficient as you suggested. what do you think?

thank you)
This sentence seems to need a little fixing:
Guided by the enthusiasm to strengthen my economic knowledge with critical understanding of political processes I apply for the MA program in Political Science.---- I don't think enthusiasm guides. I think it drives... or maybe it results as a byproduct of what drives.

Nice last sentence!!

Home / Graduate / 100-word statement of purpose for MA program in Political Science