"The world must feel different by my presence in it"; SOP- Masters in Chemical Eng

zahzah 1 / 1  
Thank you for your help:)

"The world must feel different by my presence in it" This is the idea I have believed throughout my life. From the early years of my education, I found myself extremely interested in scientific studies and research activities. To satisfy both these desires, I want to be a chemical engineer and establish a career in chemical industry, so I believe that graduate studies will help me to attain my goal. Thus, I have no hesitation to chase my Masters degree in Chemical Engineering.

A consistently academic atmosphere in my home, provided by my father and mother, was an extremely important factor that helped me to be active in scientific study since my childhood; I ranked top 0.2% in the Nationwide University Entrance Exam among more than 350000 high school students to be admitted to (UNIVERSITY NAME), the top ranked Technical University in Iran. I chose Chemical Engineering as my undergraduate major at (UNIVERSITY NAME), which provided me the opportunity to explore the various fields of chemical engineering. During my BS studies, I really loved my courses especially when they became more technical. While all the core courses provided the fundamentals of the field, the electives that I took helped me gain an insight into the various aspects of chemical engineering.

It was when I took two courses titled "fundamentals of genetic engineering" and "Introduction to Biochemical Engineering" that I developed a keen interest in the field of Biochemical Engineering. I became more determined to broaden my knowledge in this field; hence, I chose a project about using membranes for aeration of animal cell culture reactors as my BS thesis entitled "Study of using membrane in animal cell culture environments". In this project I mathematically modeled two types of membrane bioreactors. My strong background in reactor design and mass transfer fields helped me in doing this project. This research also helped me become familiar with many concepts in polymeric membranes, membrane bioreactors, animal cells, and the limitations for culturing these cells. In addition, the fact that using a polymeric membrane for aeration would totally solve the problems caused by agitation and reduce the shear stress on cultured cells really attracted my attention. I was fascinated about polymers from high school, but this research was a trigger for developing the idea of continuing my master in polymer technology. I believe that it is difficult to find an aspect of our lives that is not affected by polymers.

Besides the college academics I was actively involved in the extra-curricular activities. The driving force behind all this was my aim to develop all the facets of my personality. In this process I could not achieve the grades I wanted to, in the first and second year. But soon I garnered the skill of judicious allocation of time and energy. I do not feel that the marks I scored are the sole indicators of my understanding of the subject. A cogent reason to augment my belief is the final year of my studies, where with strong focus and hard work, I excelled in my graduation with distinction.

I am highly interested in every branch of chemical engineering and this was the reason of my conscious effort to explore various aspects of chemical engineering while I had the opportunity to. Although I decided to have my master in polymer engineering, there are some areas such as Reactor Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Cell and Tissue Engineering, and Sustainable Chemical Engineering that fascinate me to continue my graduate education in them.

I am deeply interested in chemical engineering, so I aspire to pursue graduate studies to continue my education. It is helpful to accomplish my career goal, and I can develop my knowledge, gain ample opportunities to do further research, and be well-trained to be an all-around engineer. This constitutes the very motivation behind my present application for a M.S. Program from (UNIVERSITY NAME)University. Your graduate program blends high quality course and research facilities in every field. I am particularly interested in advanced Polymer Technology; I hope to be involved in some related research at (UNIVERSITY NAME) University. The broadness of research done would allow me to pursue my interests in-depth and turn theoretical concepts to practical applications. Hence, I am strongly looking forward to receiving the best graduate education at (UNIVERSITY NAME) University. It would be a great privilege to be able to do my graduate studies at (UNIVERSITY NAME) University, and I am quite confident that I will match the high standards set by your university.

I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your time and considering my application.
A consistently academic atmosphere in my home, provided by my father and mother, was an extremely important factor that helped me to be active in scientific study since my childhood;

... well, I feel you should explain more on how you developed your passion for this field. Do not let your SOP to read as an account of your credentials and experience. Have more emotions into that let it be one that is outstanding the hundreds of other SOPs.

It is helpful to accomplish my career goal, and I can develop my knowledge, gain ample opportunities to do further research, and be well-trained to be an all-around engineer.

I wish you expanded on your career goals. It is an important thing for them to know.
OP zahzah 1 / 1  
Thank you very much ;)
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
Hi!
I have small additions:
The world must feel different by my presence in it". This..
as my BS thesis entitled, "Study of using..

Home / Graduate / "The world must feel different by my presence in it"; SOP- Masters in Chemical Eng