Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 5

Citing a printed Word document...

bla4free 1 / 1  
I have to cite a Word document. It has been printed. The only information on the document is the title, which is "District Copyright Policy." The policy does not have an author and it was created by the school district. There is no publication or revision dates on the policy either. How would I cite this? Thanks for your help!
Well, you have a title and an author (the school district). That should be enough for some sort of citation. Is there a date, too? Also, can you find a copy of the document online? If so, you can site the website according to the proper conventions. As to what those conventions are, that depends on what citation scheme you are supposed to be using.
OP bla4free 1 / 1  
No date, no revised dates, and no mention of any author. The document cannot be found online--it was emailed to me as an attachment. What about referencing it in my reference list? I was thinking:

Name of School District. District Copyright Policy.

Would this be correct?
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
That's OK, but what would be better would be to verify the document somehow. If somebody just emailed you a document, in theory they could have created it themselves, inaccurately attributing it to the school district. Contact the school district to verify the document.
EF Craig - / 1  

Home / Grammar, Usage / Citing a printed Word document...