Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 3

Need to fix my run-on sentences

mihuri 1 / -  
Hi everybody,

Can you change it to correct sentences for me?

Every individual in the world has 24 hours each day. Time simply passes, you cannot stop it, change it, or bend it depending on your wishes.

Personally, I think studying in college seems like running a marathon, they also follow a goal until the end.

Thank you,
Phuong.
Each day is composed of 24 hours. Every person has 24 hours to live his daily life. Yet, time is not within the control of individuals. It cannot be stopped , it cannot be changed. It is both unbending and bending depending upon how a person uses the time he has. To me, college is like running a marathon. You have to keep running until you get to the finish line.

That passage above is how I would have written your run on sentences. Just remember, you can easily avoid run on sentences by simply writing shorter sentences and using a period instead of a comma whenever possible.If I may say though, there is no connection between time, your description of it, and why college is like running a marathon. There is a missing connecting sentence in the presentation. This is an incoherent and non-cohesive thought presentation. You should think about ironing out the missing information before worrying about your run-on sentences.
AbhayWalia 2 / 3  
I would say that holt is right as you can simply avoid run on senteces by writing smaller sentences and avoiding the use of commas to try to avoid longer sentences.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Need to fix my run-on sentences