Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 3

Help with sentence revision/ word choice

helppleasee 2 / 8 1  
Our image-driven society has unfortunately achieved to (i was asked to remove that) infect (my prof didn't like the use of that word... that means this new verb has to be in past tense already, right?) even the supposedly most innocent. With children's minds comparable to sponges (help with the previous phrase please, it does sound kind of off, it is easy for them to learn to see body ideals dictated by society; however, these negatively affect and change their lives.

My professor asked me to revise these... any suggestions? Thank you so much!
iam24 1 / 4  
well written..

infect (

it should be infected (as you even mentioned!)
Alamanda Bud 2 / 4  
achieved to .

In my opinion, your sentence doesn't make sense when you wrote like that.

With children's minds comparable to sponges

You did not post the full sentence or at least a paragraph (seems like you missed a bracket), I can't tell what you are trying to talk about in this sentence so I just guess, excuse me if I got it wrong. First of all, "comparable" is an adj meaning something is able to be compared to something, I think you use the wrong word. Second, your sentence need a verb. Finally, if I were you, I would write it in a simple way like this: "Because children's minds is like sponges, it is easy for them to learn to see body ideals dictated by society; however, these negatively affect and change their lives."

Home / Grammar, Usage / Help with sentence revision/ word choice