Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 4

Question about Citation (multiple cites for 1 author)

dboyd435 5 / 20  
I have a question concerning some citations... now, Im doing my paper with the basis around a show called Heroes... and the writer is Tim Kring, hes the creator of the show also and writes all the scripts for all the episodes. Thing is, I have found multiple sites and direct primary sources in which he is the author all from different places. For instance, i have a script of the show that he wrote, acutally, multiple episodes, how do i site that they are different ones if they are all by the same writer?

Next, there is also a website that has been created to go along with the show, so how do i site the website if Tim Kring is the creator, how do i distinguish it from the other citations in the paper in which he is the author?

Thanks,
Donal.
shan00ts 4 / 5  
if you're using MLA, follow this:

Citing Multiple Works by the Same Author

If you cite more than one work by a particular author, include a shortened title for the particular work from which you are quoting to distinguish it from the others.

Lightenor has argued that computers are not useful tools for small children ("Too Soon" 38), though he has acknowledged elsewhere that early exposure to computer games does lead to better small motor skill development in a child's second and third year ("Hand-Eye Development" 17).

Additionally, if the author's name is not mentioned in the sentence, you would format your citation with the author's name followed by a comma, followed by a shortened title of the work, followed, when appropriate, by page numbers:

Visual studies, because it is such a new discipline, may be "too easy" (Elkins, "Visual Studies" 63).

if you need any more help with citations, go to owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/557/03/
it's a great site
OP dboyd435 5 / 20  
thank u so much
Awesome, and that site also provides examples of how to format your reference to a website on your Works Cited list.

On the Works Cited list, you'll replace subsequent instances of the author's name with a few lines, like:

Goleman. "Emotional Intelligence." Harvard Business Review... etc.

--------. "What makes a Leader?" Harvard Business Review... etc.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Question about Citation (multiple cites for 1 author)