Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 6

Grammar rules particularly complex sentences and how to identify clauses

Souf505 1 / -  
Identify the subordinate and main clauses of the sentence below.
It is not difficult to see that your candidate fails to realise when he suggests further taxation of gambling what strong feelings this would lead to.
bonboncase 20 / 45 15  
It is not difficult to see sth. → main clause
that your candidate fails to realise when he suggests further taxation of gambling what strong feelings this would lead → subordinate clause

Correct me if I am wrong
bingboe94 - / 1  
In my opinion,"It is not difficult to see that your candidate fails to realise" is main clause.
"when he suggests further taxation of gambling what strong feelings this would lead to" is subordinate clause( adverb clause).
PinkyTune 5 / 12 2  
It is not difficult to see that your candidate fails to realise - I think this is the main clause.
"when he suggests further taxation of gambling what strong feelings this would lead to" is subordinate clause
Sizana - / 1  
Merged:

Formal ways of delivering a recognition speech

How to improve in grammar
phuongsongao 3 / 5  
@Sizana
Well, there're tons of books and English teaching websites out there on the Internet that might help you. It would be easier for others to give advice if you could state what your English level is at the moment (A1? B1?). Additionally, you might want to post a paragraph written by yourself here for everyone to check. Doing that, they'll know what your grammartical difficulties are.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Grammar rules particularly complex sentences and how to identify clauses