Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 2

I need strategies in writing an analogy

tanty 3 / 4  
I need to write an analogy between two conpletely different things. I need some helps!!
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon :)

An analogy is the thinking process of transferring characteristics of your source item to another subject, your target. To be even more precise, an analogy is an inference or an argument from one item or subject to another item or subject, as opposed to a deduction, where at least one of the ideas or conclusion is general. or the conclusion is general. In terms of writing, a simile is an expressed analogy, while a metaphor is an implied one. The simile uses "like" or "as" to make the comparison, while the metaphor "just is."

Depending on your subject(s) matter(s), the way to go about writing the piece will differ. You could start out by identifying their similarities and write out a comparison outline. How are they the same? Why? What is the purpose of their similarities? Another way could be to write a piece discussing the the source and target as a simile or a metaphor. Without knowing the specifics of your assignment, it is difficult for me to provide more detailed assistance.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Grammar, Usage / I need strategies in writing an analogy