Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Academic recommendation letter for an undergraduate in last year of high school

Ali Ibrahim 1 / -  
To be clear English isn't my first language and I live in Saudi so I hope I explained the classes she attended well

Letter of support for a student

To Whom It May Concern :

It's a great pleasure to be envolved in writing a recommendation letter for my distinctive student X. X is one of the students that have had dazzled and is still dazzling me in my teaching years. She attended my chemistry sessions for her four high school years.

Why was she of great presence? In academic perspectives, she did not stick to what was required, instead, she seeked knowledge beyond what is mentioned and confined in her books. I've always enjoyed answering her challenging questions. She was the most exceptional and most memorable student in my classes, because of her extraordinary prints. I've always encouraged her to participate in Mawhiba classes. Mawhiba is focused on finding and selecting gifted and talented students to participate in its programs. Proudly, she was the only student in her school to pass the examination and enter mawhiba classes.

As in her classes and outside them , she was of great existence. She had high confidence, and she never feared being different, or making mistakes. In her group cases, she was an amiable candor, and she demonstrated the true abilities of cooperation. She set an example of a proactive, charismatic student,indeed she was a true leader.

Overall, in all fields, she was assiduous towards education and social participations. I believe that she will add a lot of positive impact and influence in any environment she faces, but I truly hope that this promising individual will get their deserved opportunity in entering a prestigious university, and fulfilling their dreams that the world is need of.
The introduction of this letter must reference who you are, what your position in his class roster is (ex. teacher in charge, class adviser, subject teacher), when you were his teacher (specific grade level and year), and why you believe you were chosen by this student to write the recommendation letter. An indicator of how long you have been a teacher at the school will also help. The reviewer needs this information in order to assess your qualification as a teacher, observer, and authority to comment on the character of this person both as a student, team member or leader, and student community participant. This important aspect is missing in your opening presentation.

Sadly, this letter is well composed and uses creative English words to describe the student but does not reflect on an actual class assessment of intelligence, performance, ability to perform under pressure, and a sense of student civic mindedness. It is an essay that fails to reflect on the all around personality of the student in relation to the character, conduct, and student accomplishments as required. The essay fails to portray how the student overcomes obstacles and adversity in class. There is no reference to proper student community participation either. The information laid out is so generic, it sounds like the writer was only instructed to write these words, without actually knowing how to justify these in relation to the student's class and student community participation. It lacks the heart of a teacher who was truly interested in overseeing the development of the student.

The letter is lacking in all aspects of recommendation consideration and does not really sound like a teacher wrote the letter. It sounds horribly like a student just put it together in the hopes that the teacher will actually sign this letter. It cannot be used as a proper recommendation letter. Not unless a professional service is hired to clean up the letter to make it ready for use as a recommendation reference. Why do you think the student would be a perfect fit for the school he or she is applying to? Relate that information to your reference points.

The letter should also contain the contact information of the teacher such as an email address or international access phone number should the school the student is applying to wish to contact you for further information or discussion about the student you are recommending.

Home / Letters / Academic recommendation letter for an undergraduate in last year of high school