Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Air traffic controller Career Application ; Why interested? 3 major strengths

abdiQ 1 / -  
In no more than 100 words please tell us what interested you in Air Traffic Control as a career?
Since my final year in high school where I attended a career seminar on air traffic control I was left with this passion to pursue a long term career in this fascinating and challenging area. I am very interested in this opportunity and the prospect of learning more about air traffic control.

I have great interest in learning every facet of air traffic control and take great pleasure in reading and learning about its history from its early days to its many advances in 21st century.

What three major strengths do you possess that you think will enable you to be a good Air Traffic Controller? Please answer this question in terms of how you see the Air Traffic Controller job requirements.

I believe my first major strength which will enable me to be an effective air traffic controller is my ability to stay calm and focussed under stressful sessions as not everything goes according plan. Sometimes there are too many variables to control, at any given time and the ability to stay calm is crucial during such challenging situation. The foundation for such attribute is confidence, confidence that will deflect any moments of self doubt or panic as there are still other people depending on me to maintain a strong state of mind and focus on my duties. I believe being able to patiently accept the stress and work without being overwhelmed by it is a major strength.

I believe my second major strength that will enable me to be a successful air traffic controller would be my ability to make calculated decisions as sometimes during emergencies it is that precision that could make all the difference. Accurate planning, executing those plans and re-evaluating those decisions made pave the way for continuous improvement and growth.

Lastly, I would say dedication and commitment are what will enable me to be successful air traffic controller. My dedication and commitment stem from the passion and curiosity I have for aviation and more specifically air traffic control.

Being dedicated in learning and practicing this craft will be the difference in how I complete the academy training and how I pursue my future career endeavours in this profession. I believe being dedicated in what you do and always understanding there is room for improvement are the keys to success.

Please list brief details of any personal efforts, achievements or development activities you have been involved in.
* Running half a marathon
* Fundraising for East Africa drought
* Travelling
* Reading
* Swimming
* Soccer (Flemington Eagles football club)
This is ok., no grammar issues and clear cut presentation :) .... but I feel it is good if you show them that you had a keen interest in at least air crafts from your childhood or an early age....

Your high school experience sounds like a newly formed interest in this area. So, in my view, it is too soon and not strong enough to make one convince about your commitment to pursue a goal. It's good if you can show them a gradual development of your passion towards this.

Home / Letters / Air traffic controller Career Application ; Why interested? 3 major strengths