Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

"Awards and Accolades" - Resume for Masters Application process

hemanths 1 / 2 1  
Education
Degree Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science (July 2010)
Institution - National Institute of Engineering (Affiliated to VTU), India
Class - First Class with Distinction (Highest Class)

Awards and Accolades
- Topper in the first and second Semester in University Exams for the Branch. Based on that was given branch change to Computer Science from Mechanical at the college.

- Awarded "Dr. KSC Award for scoring full marks in Mathematics" for the first Semester, Topper at the college for Mathematics examination at university level for the first three semesters.

- Awarded the 'Thank You' award at the Company for the test coverage enhancements in WAFL (File System of Data Ontap) and also for analyzing the critical customer disruption cases and adding test cases based on them.

- Ranked in the top 2% in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam conducted for entrance to Graduate program by IIT's.
Skills

- Programming Languages - C , C ++, Perl & Shell scripting
- Platforms worked - Linux, Windows, Data ONTAP
- Storage Systems - NetApp FAS Servers (2xxx, 3xxx, 6xxx) both HA mode and Cluster mode
- Storage protocols - NFS (v3, v4), CIFS (SMB2.0), ISCSI [configuration and debugging].
- Storage Technologies - Deduplication (basic working), Compression (basic working), Data protection technologies of NetApp, WAFL Filesystem of Data ONTAP. Basic Networking, Virtualization (VMware VSphere).
Project Work (Academics)

- PushBlox - An implementation of a game for the partial fulfillment of computer graphics lab using OpenGL and C++ based on the game "K-Sokobon".

- VNC with Remote Installation - Bachelor's dissertation, A project done in Java to provide remote desktop connection to even cross platform(LinuxïƒłWindows) desktops as long as they have a GUI available, with an option for remote software installation and file transfer between the systems.

Work Experience
Company NetApp Inc. Bangalore
Profile Member Technical Staff 2
Tenure July 2010 - till date
Project WAFL Stress and Scalability Testing in Data ONTAP

- Involved in the qualification of 7 maintenance releases till date, which includes HA and cluster mode releases. Actively involved in gathering the functional requirements, test gap analysis, creating the test plan, test case design, automation of test cases, validation of test cases and handover of execution to Outsourced partners for execution in further releases.

- Responsible for the verification of various file systems limits in Data ONTAP and verification of the proper functioning of the Operating System at various limits and stress conditions. Also responsible for all the end to end filesystem regression testing and memory leak testing done for all the maintenance releases.

- Responsible for the procurement and racking of the storage systems and clients required for the future releases. Configuration of these storage systems and test clients together as a testbed with appropriate Networking, DNS and NIS configuration, so that the testbeds can be used by all the members of the team without any hassle.

- Involved in the analysis of the high priority disruption bugs in the field under WAFL area, reproducing the scenario in house, coming up with the test plan and test cases to verify these scenarios and automate them and include them in the regression suite for the future releases.
ksh 2 / 5  
I think, it's better you add your research interests and referees to CV.

Home / Letters / "Awards and Accolades" - Resume for Masters Application process