Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Cover letter for IOM Security Assistant - Hudaydah, Yemen

motei 1 / 1  

I would be an asset to your team

Dear Human Resources Manager,
Your organization recently advertised on Yemenhr's website for a Security Assistant- Hudaydah, Yemen. Kindly accept this application from a highly resourceful and skilled professional who is proficient in safety & security and field operations.

I am skilled in the Safety & Security Management including planning, risk assessment, standard operating procedures for personal movement & transport, office, warehouse, telecommunications, incident report sheets and asset protection. I have strong experience in implementing safety and security policies/procedures, supervision and enforcing compliance to safety & security standards and procedures with promoting team work and spirit through participatory leadership in the delivery of safety and security services.

Recently I worked for TOTAL Yemen LNG as a Security Assistant, I had primary responsibility to maintain the security and protection of personnel and facility in the site, regularly follow up and collect information related to the security situation and report them to the security coordinator, and update the security team, in addition to creating up, new procedures to maintain and ensure secure and safe environment. Also, supervise and monitor the security team to assure the team perform the task efficiently and make sure they are committed to company­ established security policies, plans and regulations. Moreover, I was responsible for liaise and coordinating with the different governmental authorities in command for defined support in response to par?particular security situations as guided by the senior management. Additionally, the training that I have received during my work for TOTAL Yemen LNG has developed my skills and abilities to handle security related issues. Also, interacting with very big team with multi­-cultur, and multi-ethnic environment has widened my knowledge, respect and sensitivity of diversity.

Finally, I share and admire IOM International Development. I have always sought a humanitarian work opportunity, and I have recently spend considerable time learning more about humanitarian context and essentials through a number of online training courses. I will show full commitment to comply with all applied safety and security guidelines, monitoring Minimum Operating Security Standard (MOSS) and Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards (MORSS) set for IOM premises.

My resume is enclosed for your consideration. I firmly believe that I would be an asset to your team and would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss how my experience and certifications could contribute to your firm.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Motei, as this is only supposed to be a cover letter to introduce your resume, it should only summarize and highlight the information in the documents you will be presenting. You were right to inform the reader as to where you heard about the job opening. Aside from that though, the rest of the letter wastes the time of the reader and believe me, he will not finish reading this due to its length when he has other applicants to consider as well within a short period of time. The best thing for you to do is shorten this letter.

Use bullet points to highlight your work skills.List the top 5 skills that you have. You don't necessarily have to refer to each company in particular in the cover letter because those information will be better assessed as part of your overall resume. If you ever won any awards or received recognition from your office, list those down as well. These should cover 2 paragraphs on its own. Don't forget that you need to call the attention of the reader to your specific work skills in relation to the job you are applying for.

Allow your resume to speak for you. Just highlight the notable elements of your professional skills in your letter so the reader will know to focus on that or look for it in the resume for further consideration. What you should be including in the cover letter towards the end is your contact information so that the reader will have easy access to your contact details for possible interviews or additional considerations.
OP motei 1 / 1  
Thanks Holt for your positive response. Could you please designed short and expressive cover letter for applying for UN Safety & security Officer Post. Sure, we provide excellent cover letter writing services - please use the Services link above, thank you!

Home / Letters / Cover letter for IOM Security Assistant - Hudaydah, Yemen