Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

cover letter for a visiting researcher position (fabrication and characterization)

shad81 2 / 3  
Dear users,

I am going to apply for a visiting position. below is my cover letter.
any suggestion/comment to improve the text is very appreciated.

Cheers,

Sara C.
***************************************
Dear Prof. xxxx

I am writing to inquire about the possibility to join your group as a visiting researcher.

I am currently a Post Doc researcher at xxxx. I have an academic background in physical science combined with a practical work experience in basic research.

My main research area has been so far the fabrication and characterization of xxxx. The major objective of my PhD, defended early this year, was to find novel ways to modify the xxxx. I mastered the techniques needed to fabricate xxxx and characterize them with a variety of techniques.

Recently I was granted a postdoctoral scholarship from xxxx. The grant is based on a proposal entitled xxxx which I had submitted to xxxx; it was evaluated and accepted by an expert board. With this project, I would like to explore xxxx for xxxx applications.

During this fellowship I will have the opportunity to spend max one year as a funded visiting researcher in another institute. I would like to take this chance to join an academic group working on xxxx. In fact, I would like to challenge myself working in a new research field and I believe that with my experimental background and motivation, I could have a valuable contribution.

I have noticed that you have done extensive research works in xxxx so I would be grateful if you would give me the possibility to join your group, staring any time in spring or summer 2013 for a period of at least 6 months.

I have attached my CV for your review and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
***********************************
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Dear Prof. xxxx

I am writing to inquire about the possibility toof joining your research group as a visiting researcher.

My main research area has been so far the fabrication and characterization of xxxx. The major objective of my PhD, defended early this year, was to find novel ways to modify the xxxx. I mastered the techniques needed to fabricate xxxx and characterize them with a variety of techniques such as xxxx (It would better to name some of the techniques that are related to the research area of the professor. Write about your publications if applicable.) .

Recently I was granted a postdoctoral scholarship from xxxx. The grant is based on a proposal entitled xxxx which I had submitted to xxxx; it was evaluated and accepted by an expert board. With thisThrough the project, I would like to explore xxxx for xxxx applications.

During this fellowship I will have the opportunity to spend maximum one year as a funded visiting researcher in another institute. I would like to take this chance to join an academic group working on xxxx. In fact, I would like towant to (I changed it since you used "I would like" in the previous sentence) challenge myself working in a new research field and I believe that with my experimental background and motivation, I couldwould help me to have a valuable contribution.

I have noticed that you have done an extensive range of research works inon xxxx so I would be grateful if you would give me the possibility to join your group, staring any time in spring or summer 2013 for a period of at least 6 months (I think you should talk more about this research group. Talk a little about the publications of the professor that you have recently studied and it would be useful if you write some sentences about the facilities of the laboratories.) .

To provide more information about myself and my academic records I have attached my CV to this email. I am eagerly waiting for your kind reply and really appreciate your time and concern.for your review and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
OP shad81 2 / 3  
Thank you very much :)
ss2320 - / 4  
As I mentioned in my previous email I am able to take advantage of a sabbatical time for maximum one year. (Try rephrasing this sentence)

The rest is well written.

Home / Letters / cover letter for a visiting researcher position (fabrication and characterization)