Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Hungaricum Stipendium Bachelor Scholarships To study Mechatronics Engineering - Motivation Letter

IvanJNK 1 / 1  
Greetings
This is my motivation letter. I hope to get some tips and insights.

Motivation Letter

I've chosen to apply for this programme because it's an incredible opportunity to learn more about technology and innovation in one of the highest actively researching and innovating communities in the world, in order to take part more actively in the development of my country. Science and technology have become the fields that I've been connecting with more deeply over the years since I started studying them, and Mechatronics translates all of my dreams and vision into concise and achievable plans. Hungary has one of the best educational systems in the world, which is predominantly public, has a skilled workforce and active research community, English taught programmes, thus making it a top choice for an international candidate.

I'm now an Electronics, Automation and Instrument technician by the National Institute of Petroleum (INP), meaning that I have basic theory and practical experience in working with mechatronic and automation systems. As an instrument technician, I'm able to work in any industry, from mechanical to software focused companies, monitoring data from processes in the plant and using it not just to ensure everything is working properly, but also to optimize and automate the system. From the simplest measurement systems such as tank level indicators to more complex ones in dangerous environments such as automated filling gas plants, instrumentation and automation are central fields to answer critical questions and to provide good and optimized solutions. I've learned how to design hydraulic and pneumatic circuits for power, control and sensoring applications, how to design industrial and residential electrical installations, how to gather, process and store analog and digital signals, and how to use microcontrollers and software interfaces to control, optimize, automate the process, store and process data giving me edges to extend the possibilities. One of the main advantages of being an instrument technician is the immediate connection I have when working with people from a variety of fields, because it is an interdisciplinary field, whether is to provide solutions or just to brainstorm ideas. This makes me ready to dive deeper into mechatronics.

Since I finished my high school programme, I've become more interested in the problems our society is facing these days, due to the lack technological projects that would help us become more self-sufficient and more connected with the outside world. Such problems include housing, agriculture, transportation, healthcare, education, lack of infrastructures, famine, electricity generation and transportation, drought and many others. From what I've researched 'till now, the technology to overcome these types of problems exists and is affordable. For example, to help solving over-population and migration to the capital, building more infrastructures in other provinces is the best option but, in many cases, it isn't cost effective. The solution would be 3D printing these infrastructures, thus, driving the cost, material waste and environmental impact down, and this is just one of the many solutions mechatronics can help achieve. Since I got into university, I started studying how to address these problems to a generalized solution, so I started studying robotics and artificial intelligence on my own. This scholarship provides me the opportunity to sharpen my ideas and optimize what and how I'm learning how to tackle these national challenges, because of the community and environment that may surround me, which are indispensable. I plan to build robots and intelligent systems to solve general problems when I finish my studies.

Because the INP is a boarding school, it didn't just teach technical skills and knowledge, but how to live and interact in a community of various cultures and habits and also how to develop myself as a curious, multi-activity and disciplined person. It was one of the most rewarding experiences I've been through. Our schedule was covered usually from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with classes and at night there was a variety of clubs. I occupied my time practicing calisthenics and running during the week and reading, and usually playing guitar at the school band on Saturdays. I learned to love new and difficult challenges, how to adapt quickly to them, how to excel and take the best of them.

I'm aware that living in a new country is different from most I've experienced 'till now, but with the foundations I have now, and the desire to achieve my goals regardless of the challenges for a better future will help me to keep up with the expected challenges. I think the climate will be the main challenge, but it's just a matter of time since it can be overcome with outdoor activity.
You are presenting a frenzied opening statement that serves pointless to your application. Calm down. Reflect seriously on what drives your interest for this scholarship. It needs to make sense. It does not need to repeat the offerings of the scholarship to the reviewer. What use is repeating the scholarship information at the very start, when it does not help add to the academic and personal motivations you have for attending the program?

Why does your essay sound more like a job application letter rather than a statement of motivation for a scholarship program? You are focusing in the wrong aspects here. You are not going to be hired for a job because you are not applying for one. Writing a job application letter will not win you a scholarship either. The second paragraph is irrelevant with regards to the information needs of a motivation letter since it is meant for a job application.

You have created an acadwemic biography for yourself in this presentation. It is not a motivation letter. You cannot use this as a motivation letter because there is no target interest for career growth and how you expect to have an interactive relationship with the university offering the scholarship to achieve those goals. This is not going to garner the interest of the reviewer. In fact, it will be set aside as soon as he reads the second paragraph.

There are several references to this scholarship available in this forum. You may read those sample motivation letters to get a better idea of what a competitive letter is like. This letter, does not serve the purpose you wrote it for based on the observations Ihat I have stated. You can begin to create a new draft based on my observations alone. It would be even better if you familiarize yourself with the scholarship program and its objectives before you start on your 2nd version. By learning what the scholarship is about, you will be able to embody what they are looking for in a candidate within your motivational letter.
OP IvanJNK 1 / 1  
Thank you for your review. That does sound more like a job application letter.

Home / Letters / Hungaricum Stipendium Bachelor Scholarships To study Mechatronics Engineering - Motivation Letter