Home / Letters   % width NEW!

Motivation letter for LLM in Finance application in Germany

pinguino98 1 / -  

letter of motivation

Hey hey,

I am considering applying for a LLM in Finance and I have to submit a letter of motivation . The requirements are the following ones:

Graduates who already have a first degree in law, business or economics from an accredited or recognized university.
Good command of English.

I attach a sample of the motivation letter that I wrote:

Dear selection committee,

I am writing to you to express my interest in applying for the LLM Finance Program at the Institute for Law and Finance (ILF). During my previous studies in -----and ------Law at the --------------- and the ------------, I developed a strong interest in understanding several financial concepts and which role law plays in this field. It would be a great pleasure to be part of this master's programme as it would give me the opportunity to learn how to deal with the areas of international law and global finance.

After intensive research I am convinced that the ILF, due to its various values such as academic excellence, internationalisation and the role Frankfurt plays in European and global finance, is the best choice for my future career and interests. In fact, my life has always been characterised by living in an international environment and since I was 16 years old I have lived in different countries such as England, Switzerland , Germany and Spain. This was one of the reasons why I decided to pursue my previous studies, which have provided me knowledge in different areas of Spanish and German law. Furthermore, I can say that this was one of my greatest achievements as I was able to learn German in 4 years and complete my studies in Germany. For this reason I consider myself to be a persevering, hard-working person who fights to achieve everything she proposes.

What I could potentially contribute to the programme, is an international perspective with a focus on the legal field due to my previous studies and work experience.. For almost 1 year I worked in Spain at ------- and -------- , where I was able to learn different banking operations and advise and manage customers on a daily basis. During these experiences I was able to realise that I would like to extend and excel my knowledge in this field .Furthermore, during my internship at "-----------" I worked in different areas of the law firm and acquired skills in drafting legal documents, assisting clients and attending hearings and trials. .

Studying the LLM Program in Finance at ILF would be an extremely valuable opportunity and I understand that you will attract the best candidates in the field . Therefore I am convinced that I could flourish in this environment and end up doing my best thanks to my strong diligence and being an extremely motivated student. In addition, the fact that it is a programme with a wide variety of courses, its location and the opportunity to undertake an internship in a company seems to me to be very enriching.

Thank you for considering my application and I would be honoured to be part of your LLM in Finance in September 2023.

Sincerely ,

(My name)

Thank you

Home / Letters / Motivation letter for LLM in Finance application in Germany