Home / Letters % width   Posts: 3

Motivational Letters - MSc in Sustainable Outdoor Hospitality Management

judyyy123 1 / -  
Hello everyone, currently I'm working on Master's Degree Admission Motivational Letter and I would like to get some feedback from you all on what I can write to improve my essay. Thank you so much :)

Dear (Admission Recruitment?)

I am writing to express my interest in applying for the Master's Degree program in Sustainable Outdoor Hospitality Management at (University Name). My journey towards this decision has been shaped by my experiences in Cambodia and Thailand through involvement in the student community, internship experience and my vision for the future of hospitality in my home country.

Growing up in (XXX), a nation rich in culture, history, and archaeological treasures, I developed a profound appreciation for the importance of hospitality and tourism in enhancing our national identity and economy. It all started when I observed a disengaged campus life during my undergraduate year at (University XYZ): many student clubs were fading, and students became isolated from the campus community, attending classes but not engaging further. This disconnect inspired me to take action.

Believing in the "Butterfly Effect"-the idea that small changes can lead to significant outcomes-I recognized a gap that needed bridging. As a member of the Student Government Association, I initiated efforts to reconnect students with our vibrant cultural heritage through large-scale events on campus. I was in charge of organizing the "WaterXYZ" and "XYZ Event," both of which celebrated our XYZ traditions and aimed to foster a sense of community among students.

The WaterXYZ featured a variety of cultural displays, including a showcase of the XYZ Ramayana, Royal traditional dances, lantern floating, and a night market featuring local food vendors. This event not only celebrated our rich culture but also brought together students from diverse backgrounds, reinforcing the sense of belonging that had been lacking. Similarly, the XYZ included engaging activities such as the Mr. & Ms. XYZ contest, where participants dressed in traditional costumes, alongside performances from the XYZ Music Club and a lively mini concert.

Through these experiences, I learned to think creatively and empathetically about what types of events would be meaningful to students. I also adopted the organizer's perspective, focusing on how to secure external sponsorships and financial support for our initiatives. My responsibilities included obtaining $2,000 in funding and media sponsorships from local businesses, which provided me with essential skills in business communication, marketing, and negotiation. I learned to manage budgets, resolve conflicts during the planning process, and develop a collaborative team dynamic. These experiences not only deepened my understanding of event management but also enhanced my ability to work under pressure during strict deadlines.

Additionally, my involvement in various school activities led to invaluable networking opportunities, including a connection with the Secretary General of the Thai-Italian Chamber of Commerce (TICC) in Bangkok through my professor. This connection opened a door for me to have an internship opportunity at TICC during the summer of 2024. As the first Cambodian intern, I coordinated their inaugural event, "Taste of Italy," in Phnom Penh, and assisted with the monthly in-house episode of "BounDee," which both events aim to promote authentic Italian cuisine and wines. These experiences introduced me to a new level of cross-cultural hospitality management and bridge cultural divides between Cambodia, Italy, and Thailand, demonstrating how hospitality and tourism foster connection and understanding.

With this strong foundation, I am eager to further my education in sustainable outdoor hospitality management. The Netherlands stands out as an ideal destination for this pursuit. Renowned for its hospitality services, the country is a top tourist destination in Europe and offers an excellent education system. The opportunity to study in an environment with a diverse student population and a focus on innovative approaches to hospitality aligns perfectly with my aspirations.

Additionally, the triple degree programs offered at BUas, such as the opportunity to explore sustainable management practices in camping resorts and visit businesses in Croatia and Spain, resonate with my learning style. I am particularly keen to engage with real-world challenges in human resource management, strategic management, and destination development. These experiences will provide me with the hands-on knowledge necessary to make a meaningful impact in the hospitality sector.

Ultimately, my goal is to take part in the National Committee for Organizing National and International Festival in (Country's Name) helping to improve tourism and promote sustainable practices that honor our cultural heritage. By bridging the gap between my experiences in (Country's Name) and the knowledge I will gain in the Netherlands, I hope to contribute to the development of our tourism sector in a way that is both sustainable and enriching for future generations.

In conclusion, I am enthusiastic about the opportunity to be a part of (University's) community. I am confident that this program will equip me with the necessary skills and gain valuable insights into how hospitality can be managed responsibly and sustainably, allowing me to bring those lessons back to (my country) and beyond. I look forward to the possibility of joining your esteemed institution and contributing to the vibrant academic community.

Thank you for considering my application.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15248  
(Admission Recruitment?)

Refer to them as the admissions committee or admissions team members.

You are relating your academic experiences for the most part of this essay, which do not related directly to your professional motivation for the masters course. Do not include those references, discuss your professional considerations instead. These could stem from your professional shortcomings in specific areas of hospitality management, a need for higher learning for career development, the need to upskill for your current position, or similar considerations. Do not focus on the wrong discussion points.

If you edit the essay to focus more on the motivational aspects, you should find that the essay will be stronger and more aligned with whatever writing instructions you were provided for the motivational letter.
Nandia20060709 2 / 3  
2 days ago   #3
Ensure each paragraph has a clear focus. You could structure it around your experiences, skills gained, and how they relate to your goals. Clearly state your motivation for applying and what you hope to achieve. Consider starting with a hook that connects your personal journey to your academic aspirations.
Be specific about your vision for improving tourism in your country. What particular sustainable practices do you hope to implement? This specificity can strengthen your conclusion.

Home / Letters / Motivational Letters - MSc in Sustainable Outdoor Hospitality Management
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: