Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

For Review- Letter of motivation for Global Scholarship under Lund University, Sweden

nafiz33 1 / -  
Prompt: Your scholarship motivation letter should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you a suitable potential recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship. (maximum 600 words)

They say every journey begins with a single step. For me, that step was taken on the soil of Bangladesh, where dreams are born and destinies are forged. Growing up in Bangladesh, I witnessed firsthand the profound impact of social injustice on individuals and communities. My name is Nafiz Absar Mamood, and I'm driven by a simple yet profound goal: to advocate for human rights on a global scale.

Having graduated as one of the top students in my law school, I've proven my academic capabilities. Yet, I recognize that true success lies not just in individual achievement, but in the ability to effect positive change on a broader scale-which is why I'm eager to pursue further studies in International Human Rights Law.

Throughout my undergraduate years, I've strived to balance academic excellence with real-world experience, whether through my role as General Secretary and President of my university's moot court society or my work as a Research Assistant at, Bangladesh Forum for Legal and Humanitarian Affairs, an NGO focused on law and human rights. Thanks to my roles, I've had the privilege of engaging with both the theoretical and practical aspects of human rights advocacy.

In addition to my organizational roles, my involvement in various national and international moot court competitions, including representing Bangladesh twice in the prestigious Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, highlights my passion for advocacy and my ability to navigate complex legal issues effectively. Winning accolades such as the Best Mooter in a separate competition underscores my dedication and proficiency in the field.

I am particularly drawn to Lund University because of its collaboration with the esteemed Raoul Wallenberg Institute, offering a program that seamlessly integrates academic rigor with practical experience. The opportunity to learn from distinguished experts and practitioners in the field excites me immensely, as I believe it will provide me with the necessary tools and insights to make a meaningful impact in the realm of human rights.

Owing to limited resources, I have not been able to proceed with further studies for master anywhere, as I lack the necessary funds. I would be grateful to be provided with sponsorship to further my education and build a career and Lund Global scholarship will be immensely helpful. Seeking financial aid, I am committed to making the most of this scholarship opportunity for my personal growth, the advancement of Lund University, and the betterment of society at large. With this scholarship, I will be able to pursue my Master's program in International Human Rights Law without financial constraints, allowing me to fully immerse myself in my studies and actively contribute to the academic community.

Looking towards the future, I aspire to share the knowledge and experiences gained from this program with others, particularly aspiring law students in Bangladesh. As a Moot Court Coach, I am already actively involved in nurturing the legal minds of the next generation, and I envision expanding this role into a full-time position as a law professor. Additionally, I am eager to engage in research projects and collaborate with NGOs to address pressing human rights issues on a global scale.

In conclusion, I am confident that my academic achievements, professional experiences, and future aspirations align seamlessly with the objectives of the Lund University Global Scholarship. I am deeply committed to leveraging this scholarship to pursue my passion for International Human Rights Law and contribute meaningfully to society. I sincerely hope to be granted the opportunity to further my education at Lund University and make a lasting impact in the field of human rights.
Paragraph 5 should be further developed. That paragraph offers you the opportunity to further enhance your qualifications as a potential student and scholar at the university. You already started it on a strong note, but then pulled back when it came time to discuss your student strengths in relation to what the university and its associate teaching arm represents. You have to make that paragraph stronger.

Never beg for a scholarship. Remove paragraph 6. You should get the scholarship based on your own merits instead of pleading for the scholarship because of your financial situation. Note that the scholarship prompt does not ask you to do that. Doing so could work negatively in terms of your application consideration.

Home / Letters / For Review- Letter of motivation for Global Scholarship under Lund University, Sweden