Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

A most undervalued candidate misjudged by many of his counterparts - recommendation letter

ashivash 2 / 3  

mentor's recommendation letter

I am pleased to be able to write this recommendation letter for Ashwin Balachandar, Shivashankar. I have known Ashwin for more than four years in my capacity as supervisor/mentor ever since he joined Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd. My Acquaintance with him spread over the span of four years has given me an opportunity to observe carefully and judge his capabilities.

Ashwin was most undervalued canditate misjudged by many of his counterpart on the swap in discipline from mechanical to IT industry, raised the bar as to whether he can compete to work with the finest in the field. I as a mentor have seen, Ashwin grow up to the person who he is now today. Even though his first few years were a harsh ride, Ashwin's a keen interest towards the corporate world and to excel in the field he decide to work up has made him exceed the bar set by everyone.

As a mentor, I have guided Ashwin with the skills/need to survive in the fields, but his intellectual ability and inventiveness to analyze and provide solution combined with his keen interest to learn new technology and to adapt to change; have made him a more reliable developer. His recent work during tenure at SSE, UK has been appreciated the clients for his innovative approach to avoid loss of message transmitted due to connectivity issue by the development of new web tool to monitor, analyze and resubmit failed transaction.

Ashwin has exceeded the limits set by the upper management and has been among the list of successful bids as a developer for the fusion projects. I am happy to draw up the sum to say that Ashwin has an individual will be an invaluable asset to any organization/institution and I highly recommend him admission for graduate studies with financial assistance. In the case of any query or confirmation feel free to contact me anytime.
Ashwin, you need to clarify paragraph 2 of this letter of recommendation. It is highly confusing and doesn't really make any sense to the reader because of the confusing sentence development method. What exactly are you trying to say here? Please double check your spelling as you misspelled the word "candidate". Do us a favor and run the spellchecker on this letter. Make sure that you spelled all the important words properly because the professionalism of your letter depends upon it. Right now, this letter has to many sentence structure problems that lead to very confusing paragraphs

In paragraph 3, the mentor should not be discussing your work experience in the UK. He should not have information regarding that as he was not in the country to watch how you worked there. This letter has obviously been written by you and not by a person in authority who actually can judge your character and work ethic. The reviewer will see that and immediately disregard this letter of recommendation as a fake letter. Most specially since it is making a plea for financial assistance in the end. No professionally written letter, as completed by someone of higher authority and education than you would have done such a thing.

This is a very bad letter of recommendation. It is obviously not written professionally, nor written by someone who truly mentored you. This letter will not help you get into your choice of university. Instead, it will put your whole application into question and most likely, lose you the opportunity for admission consideration.

Before I forget, please make sure that the writer identifies himself at the start of the letter. Reflect his name and position in the company and make sure to indicate that his relationship with you as a superior official is still ongoing.

Home / Letters / A most undervalued candidate misjudged by many of his counterparts - recommendation letter