Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Upon returning to Vietnam - Motivation Letter For SI scholarship

nghiabui 2 / 3  

Motivation Letter

Context: I am applying for a master degree in Education/Educational Theories in Sweden. The scholarship asks me to write a motivation letter and there are only 1000 characters, space included. Here are all the ideas that I have drafted. I am not sure if it is specific enough, and it has to be very strong and concise.

Describe how you can apply the knowledge and experience you will gain from your time in Sweden in your organization/company and/or in your home country/region (max 1000 characters, space included)

Upon returning to Vietnam, I will actively share the educational practices I have gained in Sweden with my colleagues to tackle students' ongoing issues: lack of motivation, excessive parent involvement, and low self-esteem. This will help enhance our institution's teaching quality, ultimately improving student retention rates.

Concurrently, I will continue teaching English, based on the newly-acquired theories, on my YouTube channel. Started in 2020, the channel has reached over 5,000 views. The networks from SI alumni will allow me to reach out to more students. With free access, they can acquire English skills, laying a solid foundation on their future careers.

Long term, I aim to become an educational reformer. I will collaborate across disciplines to foster healthy learning environments for Vietnamese students. The experience from Sweden will positively impact my personalized learning methods, helping me address educational inequalities, bullying and students' mental well-being. This helps maximize students' learning outcomes and ensure them decent jobs, thus growing Vietnam's economy.
you only need 2 paragraphs for your motivational letter. Merge the first and last paragraphs since the plans you have for the short and long term goals are related. The explanation can be consolidated to provide a clearly progressive short term goal that will lead to a long term career benefit.

The current second paragraph has a good plan but should avoid the mention of using the network as a part of the youTube channel. There are certain rights and privacy issues involved in using the network on such a basis which you will have to thresh out with the scholarship members. The mention of the YouTube channel can still be used as long as it refocuses on a different presentation. Use an individual idea presentation for the channel improvements based on skills that will be acquired.

Home / Letters / Upon returning to Vietnam - Motivation Letter For SI scholarship