Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

(Ice storm / Canada health terms) - Research question and statement of purpose.

asnali4u 1 / -  
My lecturer just gave me an assignment at the very first day of class. I have no idea about the research question and statement of purpose. Can anyone help me to write the research question and statement of purpose of the following paragraphs?

a. Last winter a severe ice storm damaged well over 50 percent of the pear trees lining the main street in the small town of Somerset. The local university's experts believe that well over 70 percent of the damaged trees will die in the next two years and that this variety is not the best one for providing shade (one of the major goals behind planting them eight years ago).

Research Question:

Statement of Purpose:

b. Canada Health's Food and Drug Administration Regulations have changed the definitions of common terms such as fresh, fat free, low in cholesterol, and light. The Big Deal Bakery worries that it must rewrite all its package labels. Big Deal doesn't know whether to hire a laboratory or a consultant for this project.

Research Question:

Statement of Purpose:

c. Customers placing telephone orders for clothing with James River Enterprises typically order only one or two items. JRE wonders whether it can train telephone service reps to motivate customers to increase the number of items ordered per call.

Research Question:

Statement of Purpose:
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Here is my best idea for the first section, I hope this helps! It sounds like a challenging topic.

Research Question: What is the best solution for the predicted demise of pear trees, and what type of trees are ideal for providing shade and also resist extreme weather?

Statement of Purpose: The damaged trees must be removed and replaced with a different type of tree- ideally, an indigenous, weather-resistant, shade-giving fruit tree. Precautions should be taken when planting and fertilizing the trees, and there are several treatments for weather protection for these trees.

Home / Research Papers / (Ice storm / Canada health terms) - Research question and statement of purpose.