Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 12

Research paper on Commercials on TV (ideas).

Pr0blumz 1 / 2  
I have to do a research paper on the commercials on tv. Could someone give me a few ideas of what I should write about? Thanks
alas_babylon19 1 / 3  
You could write about the gender bias typically present in tv commercials. Commercials are usually geared for specific audiences and thus contain the material necessary to hook that audience. I heard that most commercials feature dominant males... I heard something about it awhile back so you should be able to find information for it. Maybe you could make something out of that?
How long does the essay have to be? What class is it for? What level of school? The answers to these questions might bear on your choice of topic. Apart from that, you might want to look at the ways in which commercials are designed to influence people; how they can use misleading claims without engaging in outright fraud; how that line is drawn, legally speaking; how the images they present influence social norms and expectations, etc.
I get ticked off seeing the Lipozene commercials after seeing a news report months ago, that exposed them as being full of crap. The "institute" they mention, is actually someones house in Texas!

You can have some fun with this one.

Good luck!
OP Pr0blumz 1 / 2  
I'm not exactly sure about how long it should but i'm guessing atleast 5 pages. The course is English Comp II. I'm in my Freshman year in Juco. Also, I need a thesis statement from the general topic of commercials on tv.
chipmunk 6 / 10  
the affection of commercials on TV leads to present adolescent.
OP Pr0blumz 1 / 2  
I've decided on junk food ads aimed at children. What would be a good thesis statement? Thanks
What do you want to say about junk food ads aimed at children? That they are well-designed according to strict ethical rules? That could be a thesis statement. That they help children to make informed decisions about what to eat? That could be a thesis statement. That they use techniques designed to appeal as much to the reason of parents as to the emotions of children. That could be a thesis statement.

Of course, the opposite of all the above suggestions could also be thesis statements . . .
kat13 /  
yeah, junk food would be a good topic. Or you could write something on endorsements by celebrities to elevate sales.
zowzow 10 / 175  
the type of ads appearing at certain times could be looked into as well

like how junk food ads are only shown during kids programs for obvious reasons
Or, better yet, compare junk food ads aired during kids shows with those aired during prime time with those aired during the night. What do the differences in these ads tell you about how the companies are targeting different age groups?
Abby002 3 / 24  
"The effects of compulsive consumer buying tendencies on attitudes toward TV ads. " This is another great topic to discuss about how do the heavy exposure of TV commercial affect people behave and think.

Hope this help. ;)

Abby

Home / Research Papers / Research paper on Commercials on TV (ideas).