AAS 2024 - Master of Counter Terrorism and Master of Security and Strategic Studies

OliverQueen 1 / 1  
I am applying for Master degree in Combined studies on Counter Terrorism/Security and Strategic Studies at Macquarie University. I truly need your assistance in reviewing my writing. Thanks in advance!!

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution*?
I am drawn to the course "Master of Counter Terrorism/Security and Strategic Studies" at Macquarie University due to its distinguished academic standing and its meticulous emphasis on exploring the multifaceted dimensions of contemporary security challenges and counterterrorism.

The proposed course has become my top priority as it perfectly aligns with my role as a security officer. This program offers a unique opportunity to deepen my understanding of security dynamics, equips me with advanced knowledge in counterterrorism studies, threat assessment and crisis management - all essential components in ensuring the safety and security of high-profile dignitaries. Furthermore, by immersing myself in this multidisciplinary field, I will develop critical thinking skills and analytical abilities essential for navigating complex security environments. In addition, the program also fosters collaboration with peers from diverse backgrounds, enriching my learning experience and expanding my professional network. By choosing this course, I will not only expand my intellectual horizons but also position myself as a valuable asset in the global efforts to combat terrorism and promote peace and security.

Macquarie University stands out as an ideal institution for me to pursue my Master's degree. The university boasts a distinguished reputation in the field of security studies, with a faculty of leading experts who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research and policy analysis. Of particular significance is the course's inclusion of Advanced Terrorism Studies and Australia's Strategic and Defense Policy as core subjects. These offerings are poised to enrich my understanding of terrorism and strategic dynamics, empowering me to conduct comparative analyses between Australia's security framework and Indonesia's current landscape, facilitating the adaptation of best practices and the development of tailored approaches to address emerging threats effectively.
Please indicate what sort of Security Officer you are. Are you a private security officer? Police? Military? Special Forces? You have to be specific since this is a very specific and skill based course that you are interested in being admitted to as a student. While it is also beneficial that you show a clear interest in a specific Australian University to study at, you need to find a back up university to reference. That is because there is a minimum 2 university requirement as you may, or may not end up in your first choice university. They require a 2nd university and course consideration. Kindly revise your essay to reflect that. It can be 2 universities of the same course choice or different course choices.
OP OliverQueen 1 / 1  
I am a police officer, working in the public sector.
I did consider the second university and second major. But I could not find any that is suitable to me. My first choice is Master of counter terrorism/security and strategic studies, my second goes to master of security and strategic studies of the same university, that is Macquarie University.

My current occupation is protecting head of state visiting Indonesia and countering terrorism. To your perspective, would you mind giving me some suggestions in choosing the appropriate course and university. Thanks in advance

Home / Scholarship / AAS 2024 - Master of Counter Terrorism and Master of Security and Strategic Studies