Asking for scholarship essay about the importance of an individual's leadership abilities

Sandar 1 / -  

How are important the leadership abilities?

Robin S. Sharma, a famous Canadian author, once said that leadership is not about a title or a designation. It's about impact, influence and inspiration. From my perspective, leadership is the most powerful weapon to inspire and influence the people and the world within and around us.

An individual's leadership abilities can begin at home, school, college, workplaces and it can even implement to leading our community and our country. My first leadership experience started when I was in university. It was the time me and my teammates were preparing for our final year term-paper project for graduation. My team member pushed me to be a representative for our group. In the very beginning, I was not able to lead my team very well. Each teammate couldn't find time to discuss and our project was completely disorganized. Later on, some problems popped up and our supervisor was not satisfied with our work. Everyone was depressed and deadline was coming to us. As a leader, I didn't want my team members to lose their hopes of getting good grading while racing for our graduation path. Finally, I tried to meet with my team members and discussed our situation. In the end, I delegated the task for each member and helped and encouraged each other if they needed. I also motivated my team members and guided them to overcome our devastating situation. As a result, we successfully accomplished our term-paper project and received positive recognition from our professors and supervisors. This experienced has taught me how important leadership is when it comes to performing our task effectively and efficiently.

Not only that, I've got a great opportunity to be a good leader when I volunteered as an English language trainer at GETC organization. As a volunteer trainer at GETC language organization, I've to handle the class and teach four English language skills to young students. To gain attention from students, I've to use various activities and actively lead them to do activities. Since I was a new and a volunteer teacher to them, they didn't want to follow me. So, I tried to approach each student and tried to listen to them. I also guided the ways how to develop their studies and students are motivated to work hard. I also encouraged and empowered them how to act and behave well to be a good person for our family, our community and our country. In the end, all students followed my footsteps and made progress both academically and psychologically. Thus, in my opinion, being a teacher itself is a true leader.

Through my working experience, I've learnt that good leadership is absolutely vital for the progress and well-being of the people and stability of the community. I strongly believe that Chevening scholarship program will be a tremendous force for me to implement my abilities as a leader to serve more for the stability and development of my country and the world I live in.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Sandar
Hey, welcome. We always appreciate new people coming into the site. Don't hesitate to approach us if you need more information on writing.

I appreciate the first portion of the essay. You started out with a creative approach to writing. This then transitioned into a more productive and spaced out approach for relaying necessary details in your writing. The evaluators would certainly appreciate this portion of the text.

What I do suggest is compartmentalizing and prioritizing more the details of the second paragraph. You need to add more structure and precision into this portion, making certain that you're not flooding it with unnecessary details. I would also suggest that you work through the last paragraphs utilizing the same technique. Doing this would certainly help you in the long-run to pursue a kinder approach towards writing.

Home / Scholarship / Asking for scholarship essay about the importance of an individual's leadership abilities