Home / Scholarship % width   Posts: 3

Become main front-end developer - Chevening Leadership and Influence Essay

habib_baharuddin 2 / 3  
I am writing to express my earnest interest in applying for the Chevening Scholarship, an opportunity that resonates deeply with my commitment to leadership and positive societal impact. My academic background and professional experiences are firmly rooted in the values upheld by the Chevening program, making me a dedicated candidate poised to contribute to the program's mission.

I have consistently sought opportunities to cultivate my leadership skills throughout my academic journey. In 2020, when I joined a developer community called "Ruang Ekspresi". In this community, I am the group leader for the software development team. In our final project, My team struggled to find the idea for creating apps. I initiated my team to develop a mobile application for ordering food in campus areas. Regarding the student problem, The remote location of the canteen from the class area presents a significant obstacle when purchasing food. I led the team, accommodating input from the team, and giving suggestions while having a problem. The final result is that the application can be run properly and make an impact by providing convenience to the students when purchasing food.

In my professional career as a programmer, I have consistently exercised my leadership skills. In 2023 I joined a company called Shrubi as a front-end developer. Since this company is a startup, We are facing a lot of problems in the app development because of the complexity of the app flow. Even though I'm a new kid on the block, I take a risk and propose to change the app flow to make it easier when developing and dividing the tasks into teams. In short, my CEO agreed with my idea and used it for the app development process. After six months impressed with the progress and how I handled the app development. Because of that, I became a main front-end developer and took responsibility for leading 2 subordinates. However, taking risks and having the courage in the process is the important part of getting this position.

Furthermore, I am excited about becoming part of the diverse Chevening community. I recognize the immense value of networking with like-minded individuals from different cultural and professional backgrounds. This collective experience will undoubtedly enrich my understanding of global issues, enhance my cultural intelligence, and contribute to my development as a well-rounded leader.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15248  
The academic leadership narration is not impressive at all. I would avoid presenting this to the reviewers because it does not really showcase your leadership skills. Rather, you were just an idea person in this case. The conflict presented is not leadership oriented and does not warrant inclusion in an essay that directly looks for the development of your leadership and influencing abilities. It is simply not useful and will not help your application.

As for your professional experience, I would rather than you develop this as the main focus of the overall presentation. You do not need several leadership topics, you need an effective leadership presentation. You can achieve that if you work on a better professional leadership presentation through discussion expansion.
elizabeth1991 - / 1  
Holt

Hello, How can I contact you Holt? Please. See the email above for my private (paid) consultations (ie. essayforum.com@gmail.com).

Home / Scholarship / Become main front-end developer - Chevening Leadership and Influence Essay
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: