CURRENT AND EMERGING ISSUES FACING NIGERIA - RELATION TO THE STUDY CHOICE

keneshuku 4 / 12 1  
Please, I need help with checking to see if I have answered the Essay correctly, Grammatical or Typographical errors, where I can improve and if there is any paragraph that doesn't tally with what has been asked. Its 250 words for each essay. Thank you

E-commerce Startups IN NIGERIA

Q.We want to ensure that your studies at the University of Edinburgh benefit you and your community in the future. Tell us how your choice of degree will empower you to pursue a career that addresses any issues in your country.

Nigeria has a huge concentration of technology and E-commerce Startups. A lot of them struggle with getting their products and technology accepted by the general public, causing a lot of them to close down, or merge with other companies. This creates a lot of uncertainty about the local tech ecosystem which is quite disappointing to investors. I would like to help change this trend. I plan to use my knowledge in Product design to help teach Startups about things they need to do to improve product acceptance.

After the course, I plan to join a local innovation hub like CCHUB to mentor young startup companies and help them build new products/services using a strict user-centered design approach to serve the market providing user research data which influences core product decision. I also plan to create forums, Seminars and events for existing founders on how they can optimize the performance of their products.

Also, I plan to look at how we can guarantee quality on locally produced retail and electronics items which is seen locally as "sub-standard" and in the future, see how we can boost the exportation of locally made products to make the international community appreciate the local talent.

Lastly, I would like to work with global organizations to develop strategies on how to optimize and improve their products to increase local usage which is usually a problem in Emerging markets.

Wanted to add that in the future I plan to become a Google Developer Experts in Product design to help evangelize good practices for Companies within the Technology Ecosystem in Nigeria
Kenechukwu , in paragraph 3, you must expand upon the explanation regarding how you plan to boos the exportation quality of your "sub-standard" products. This is something that you should incorporate into paragraph 2 because the 2 topics connect and relate in terms of the forums, seminars, and events that you plan to implement. The reason for these activities should be based upon raising the sub par output of your factories and industries.

You can add the reference to becoming a Google Developer Expert in the final paragraph where you indicate a desire to join a global organization. Explain how becoming a Google Developer Expert will further help you to boost your plans and projects in your own country. Since you only have 232 words so far, you have a limited number of words with which to explain this. If you want to have a bigger word count for this part, then you will have to revise your opening paragraph to become shorter and incorporated into the 2nd paragraph so that the 2nd paragraph will become the opening statement instead.
OP keneshuku 4 / 12 1  
Hi Mary, Thanks for the review
would make the necessary changes

Home / Scholarship / CURRENT AND EMERGING ISSUES FACING NIGERIA - RELATION TO THE STUDY CHOICE