Dual Enrollment Program - Courses that are difficult for me

chuncky13 8 / 13  
Ever since, I could remember, history has never been my strong point in my studies. I have always thought the subject was aimless and uninteresting. For example, I use to be on the brink of falling asleep every time my history teacher would start to lecture. Another factor that lead me to have difficulty with the subjects, is the draining thought of sitting there, studying facts for hours. In order to cope with the burden, I would relate the facts to my life: people with family member, events with incidents in my family, and wars and battles with fights.

One summer, in the Dual Enrollment Program, it was my first day in my early American history course and the teacher was an older gentleman, who taught with excitement and enthusiasm. He also taught how important history is. Mr. Fliegelman spoke of a quote, referring to George Santayana, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." This in turn made me realize that history was a vital course. The sudden passion for history, kindled the research of my origins. Discovering that I came from a Mayan culture, that was discovered by Columbus. To imagine that if Columbus didn't finish his last voyage, my family wouldn't be the family they are today.

After the history course with Mr. Fliegelman, my problems with the subject ceased to burden my studies.
ScatterBrain 3 / 28  
The sudden passion for history,(delete comma) kindled the research of my origins. DiscoveringI discovered that I came from a Mayan culture, (eliminate comma) that was discovered by Columbus. To imagine that ifJust imagine. If Columbus didn't finish his last voyage, my family wouldn't be the family they are today.

If you could review even just one of my essays, i would be very thankful!

Home / Scholarship / Dual Enrollment Program - Courses that are difficult for me