Home / Scholarship % width   Posts: 3

Feminism and Empowerment - scholarship requirement, your own leadership examples

Ranme231 1 / 1  
So often in my life i have thrive for excellence whether its in my career, or a team, or even at my workplace, i always make it a priority to do great and get positive results at the end of the day. Having been given the opportunity to serve in several capacities and leadership roles from education, to community and now in a professional certain has broaden my horizon and given me an in - depth understanding of leadership and what it stands for. Over the years i have demonstrated several good and efficient leadership skills. One of which can be traced back to my Junior year at the university, where i was opportune to served as President of the Service Learning group, during this time i was instrumental in making sure members of my team align and work closely to achieve the goal of the project which included digging holes for community dwellers to dispose trash, campaigning against substance abuse, ensuring a conducive and educative environment for community dwellers. Firstly, i recruited community based volunteers to blend with my fellow students in diversifying the approaches we tend to use going forward. Secondly, we organized awareness and sensitization campaigns under the theme "Clean for Self" thus teaching the communities the negative effects of improper placements of waste as well as the effects of a substance abusive community. Fast forward, we achieved our short-term goals but quite interestingly we manage to adapt longevity into the program allowing the community to continue what we started which was a fulfillment of our responsibilities. This has become a major milestone for me as an individual and it has taught me important lessons and empowered me to do more. Another key aspect that makes me stand out and meet this scholarship requirement is my ability to create positive end result and my willingness to participate in forging growth through leadership and influence. In addition to the above, I have demonstrated exemplary leadership qualities in both my professional attachments as well as through my academic sojourns. With this i was able to serve my community, by being the youth chair, during this time and under my leadership a regular clean up campaign was introduced under the slogan "Saving the Environment" to help keep the environment clean, well, conducive and healthy for members of the community. Additionally, a vigilante team was established under my leadership in order for youths to protect and keep the neighborhood safe and secure from Rogues (thieves) and buglers. Lastly, i served as one of the fellows in a team of three on a project called Feminist Policy lab at Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa (GPFA). This project focused on feminism, especially with regard to pressing issues affecting women and girls in and around Liberia, with a possibly solutions by drafting policies papers and delivering them to policy's makers, as well as opinion pieces on issues affecting women and girls in Libera, how these issues can be resolved through these policies proposed and drafted.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15189  
I am guessing that you are writing this leadership essay as a part of your Chevening scholarship application. Sad to say, this essay misses the mark in more ways than one. A leadership essay, regardless of whether it is written for Chevening or any other scholarship program, requires you to use professional leadership rather than academic leadership examples. That is because a masters degree application should highlight your ability to lead a team, decide within reason, and perform as expected, regardless of the situation that you are facing. The more complex and demanding the decision making of the situation, the more it will be able to highlight your leadership abilities to a shining level. Try to change your essay using a professional setting instead. It will be more helpful to your application.
OP Ranme231 1 / 1  
2 days ago   #3
Thank you so much for your review i appreciate it. Howbeit, i have revised it based on your views and observations, please find it below and give me a feedback:

So often in my life I have thrive for excellence whether its in my career, or a team, or even at my workplace, I always make it a priority to do great and get positive results at the end of the day. Having been given the opportunity to serve in several capacities and leadership roles from education, to community and now in a professional space, has broaden my horizon and given me an in - depth understanding of leadership and what it stands for. Over the years I have demonstrated several good and efficient leadership skills. One of which can be traced back to my role as a finance officer for a non-profit organization. In that role I was tasked with the sole responsibility of handling all the organizations finances, but based on my dedication, hard work and multitasking skills, I was entrusted with and given the responsibility of proxying for the then Human Resources officer, who left few weeks to the recruitment of new staff members. During that time, I was tasked with the sole responsibility of successfully recruiting new staff members and orientating them while still serving in my role as a finance officer, I oversaw graduation planning, employee's regular attendance and record keeping; simultaneously. Also, I was instrumental in ensuring the successes of these programs and the free flow of organizational activities. With that in mind, I established a to-do list and assigned task to other employees at the same time supervising and aiding them in the process. Additionally, with the dedication and commitment exerted by everyone the institution was able to successfully transition to the next stages, effectively accomplish its mission, goals and meet deadlines. This was accomplished because of perseverance and the tireless efforts from employees.
Another key aspect that makes me stand out and meet this scholarship requirement is my ability to create positive end result and my willingness to participate in forging growth through leadership and influence. In addition, I have demonstrated another exemplary leadership qualities in my role as a feminist contractor (fellow), where I served as one of the contractors in a team of three on a project called Feminist Policy lab at Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa (GPFA) a non-profit organization. This project focused on feminism, during this project we served as contractors (fellows) and were instrumental in gathering young women and girls from three counties (Montserrado, Bong and Margibi) to conduct interviews with them on issues that are affecting them physically, mentally and emotionally, with key emphasis on maternal health. My team members and I divided in a group of two were we conducted several interviews with various women and girls with the three counties, after which we transcribed them and drafted policies papers on the issues listed by these females, presented on it and delivered them to policy's makers. Lastly, an opinion pieces was drafted on issues affecting women and girls in Libera, with possibly solutions on how those issues could be resolved through these policies proposed and draft.

Home / Scholarship / Feminism and Empowerment - scholarship requirement, your own leadership examples
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: