'focus on education and extracurricular activities' - Importance of scholarship essay

l_borras 2 / 3  
In one or two pages please describe your personal aspirations and career goals, and address the importance of the scholarship assistance to you in meeting these goals. Please include any information that would give the Scholarship Committee a better understanding of the importance of this scholarship to you.

Since childhood I have always enjoyed being physically active, either alone or in a team-based setting. Along with science, physical education was my favorite subject throughout my middle and high school years. It is because of my interest in sports and physical activity that I am pursuing the expanding field of physical therapy and plan to specialize in sports therapy.

I plan to specialize in sports therapy as a way to further immerse myself in a subject I already enjoy learning about. During my time volunteering at the Doctors Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation clinic my curiosity grew as I observed several individuals both young and old gradually regain strength and function with guidance from their physical therapists. The patients were taught the importance of good posture, proper form, knowing their limitations, and other pertinent knowledge regarding their injuries and how to prevent them from reoccurring or getting worse. I also saw a mental healing take place among the patients regarding their confidence and perseverance, which developed with time alongside their physical healing. The physical and mental healing that takes place is something I want to be a part of. I know I will be maturing and learning new techniques for mental and physical health and awareness, from physical therapy seminars and even from the patients themselves.

This scholarship will enable me to continue to focus on my education and extracurricular activities, which will help me learn and grow as a person in the field of physical therapy.
April April 13 / 148 22  
Hi, Laura

I think the last para about how important this scholarship is to you was too short, and you should elaborate on it. Maybe add a little bit about your financial situation.

Also, if I were an admission officer, I'd want to feel more passion from you for the major (in the 1st para) as well as the scholarship.

Besides, add an impressive conclusion to make you memorable.

Oh and I love the part about your career goals. It seems passionate enough.

Just my opinion. Hope I can help.

Good luck with it!
Since childhood I have always enjoyed being physically active, either alone or in a team-based setting.

Home / Scholarship / 'focus on education and extracurricular activities' - Importance of scholarship essay