I formed a team to determine the reasons for problems of scientific research in Egypt

Marwa1992 2 / -  
Does this leadership essay covering the topic well? chevening scholarship !

my presence in scientific activities and events

As a matter of fact leadership to me is about having an effective role and leading a considerable and beneficial change .

I have always demonstrated a high level of leadership in both academic and professional life
Going back to my years of study in colleague, when I joined my Faculty I was full of dreams and hopes that I will live a scientific life and I would come up with inventions but the real life the education system was very boring and routinely and doesn't support scientific research.

That's why I joined and participated in many scientific activities and events, however this wasn't sufficient and beneficial for me .
Because of that I decided to establish a scientific group or committee which aim to support scientific research and to achieve what I did not find in the academic life and raising the awareness about the importance of scientific thinking and importance of using science in our daily life .

, at the first I presented the idea to my colleagues who were interested in research and we formed a group with 10 members from Faculty of Agriculture and Pharmacy Cairo University and we established scientific magazine and we worked on this magazine to be a source of perception of the real meaning of scientific research and present the recent researches and recent scientific development, and I decided that we will produce this Magazine every term, and we have already released our first copy of the magazine and present it to the college administration the college administration liked the idea but there was insufficient fund for producing a magazine for every student and provide them with a free copies or in low price!

the majority of the team members have been depressed and they left our group.
After that I decided not to depend on the college fund , and I formed another group and I called it SCITA
And I decided to make it separate from the college to not to be restricted to routinely and pyroclastic roles and the first thing we did is that we spend about one year studying and analyze the scientific research field and students situation in Egypt and studying how to market for our idea, and collecting data.

I divided my group to many committee :
Academic members, Public relations, Fund raising and Marketing committee and we started our work by meeting with Professors , researchers and scientific pioneers in Universities and Research Centers who support us also academically beside the self learning.

Besides, making a lot of online surveys that enabled us to determine the reasons for problems of scientific research in Egypt and the best ways to solve it.

Basically, not all the members continued working in the group, it needs patients and too much effort,
Marwa, are you writing this essay for the Chevening Scholarship? If you are, then you should not use this essay. Remember, Chevening is looking for leaders in their field who can influence positive changes and inspire his people towards success. This essay is about "leadership and influencing failure", which is not what the scholarship committee is looking for. It is one thing to keep trying to start organizations, it is another thing to keep it running successfully by continuously influencing the growth of its membership base. This is not an essay that will help your application. This is an essay that will kill your application. The essay makes it very obvious that you are not an effective leader nor an inspirational figure for your compatriots. Maybe you are in your mind, but not in reality. You are mistaking being an effective organizer for a leader. True, it sounds like a leadership role but it isn't. You should change the total essay to one that shows off your ability to lead and inspire in a professional manner. One that shows off a successful project instead of a series of failed attempts. A true leader is successful in his undertakings. A failed leader, is what you portray in this essay. Which of the two leaders do you think will most likely get the scholarship? Exactly my point.
Rahma155 4 / 16 3  
Marwa, write about your leadership experiences which happened in your professional career or workplace. Write about how well you managed and lead a team, what obstacles came your way while leading a team and did you cope up with all the challenges thrown at you. This is what chevening community is looking for in a future leader.

Hope it helps!
Good luck.

Home / Scholarship / I formed a team to determine the reasons for problems of scientific research in Egypt