I intend to connect with a wider community through Chevening network.

kwesiopoku 1 / -  

CHEVENING NETWORKING, LEADERSHIP AND INFLUENCE

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills...)

Networking is an integral part of every professional endeavor, and as such, I attach I high sense of importance to keeping an effective professional network. Due to the deficiency I had in this area during my early years, I consciously sought to enhance my networking skills by reading, attending conferences and networking practically.

My effective networking begun after secondary school when I worked as a librarian at the XXX. As part of my responsibilities, I was part of the team that organized leadership conferences, sex education seminars, youth empowerment conferences and financial wisdom training, just to mention a few. I met CEO's, Board chairmen and other resource personnel from different walks of life. I consciously decided to engage these people in order to learn and maintain a relationship with them.

Notable among them are the CEO's of the XXX (former and current), chairman of the XXX, Mr. XXX (No1 Young Speaker 2015, Speakers Bureau) and CEO of XXX Ltd.

I have also established very important networks as a volunteer for a couple of organizations. The most recent being the XXX Foundation. The vision of XXX Foundation is to "turn challenges into projects". I currently teach children programming on weekends. I have met other partners and volunteers with different expertise who also have a passion to impact society. One of such organizations is XXX, who through art and dance create experiences that help to develop confidence in young people.

As a software developer and a computer scientist, I also network with other developers and scientists by attending technology conferences and through social media. Effective networking is inevitable in the computer industry and I intend to connect with a wider community through Chevening.
Ahmed351 - / 2  
I think the core of networking essay is to mention a certain problem and who did you use your network to solve it...I think you need to rewrite your essay and to demonstrate your network in an implementable way
Kwesi , your networking essay does not establish anything except to establish that you know a group of people who will not provide you with the recommendation letters required for this scholarship application. Therefore, the best thing for you to do will be to delete this essay and write a serious essay that does not dwell on self importance as much as you do in this essay. Be open about your networks and how these have helped you achieve greater success in your career. Offer a glimpse into how you maintain high profile networks, without mentioning names. It would be safer and better to mention the organizations itself than names in particular because organization and association references can be fact checked without having to speak to a specific person who could disavow knowing you. Focus on presenting an interconnected network. It should look something like:

I joined A when I did X. This led A to introduce me to B who I worked with during XX. After that, I had a work situation that had me calling A and B for help. A and B had a common friend, C, who became part of my professional network because...

A fluid presentation of interconnected networks would be the best presentation for any networking essay as that shows cultivation and growth in a field that could be of interest to the Chevening reviewer. By developing the essay that way, you need to only give a simple explanation of how Chevening alumni and future scholars can benefit from this network with your help.

Home / Scholarship / I intend to connect with a wider community through Chevening network.