My leadership skill was started since I was a student. Chevening Scholarship 2017

taufikekosusilo 1 / 1  
LEADERSHIP SKILLS, Chevening Scholarship 2017

My leadership skill was started since I was a student. On that time, I got fully supported by my parents because they believe that leadership experience during the early would useful for children in character building. At school, I followed some student organizations, such as Mosque Teenager Student Community (RISMA, Indonesian abbreviation) and The Student's Consultative Assembly (SCA). My experience as a member of RISMA created skills in time management and sense of social awareness. We held many Islamic activities at school like student Islamic fairs, Ramadan exhibition, charity project, and Islamic music festival.

On the other organization, in SCA, I elected as Head of Assembly for one year. This organization accomodate the student aspiration, give consideration to student executive organization and do legislative function in student level. By my position, I got opportunities to meet and discuss closely with regional leaders, policy makers and other member of student organizations who sharpen my confidence and communication skills.

At the moment, organization atmosphere had been became my life style. Consequently, I followed organizations that connected with my profession, physiotherapy and education. Registering as member of Indonesian Physiotherapy Association (IPA), Media and Publication Division of Indonesian League Orthopedic Musculoskeletal Physical Therapists (ILOMPT), Senior Adviser of Bengkulu-Surakarta Student's Union, and many other organizations and communities which support my activity. Today, I am actively involved in the organizational activities.

At office, the leadership that has been forged since childhood made myself be a person who has courage and creative thinking at junior level. In the first year of working, August 2013, I was trusted by Head of The Study Program to create Study Club, a creative learning for student based on their passion in study. For beginning, I did researched study pattern on students and I found that there were three main major that student like. Subsequently, I called senior student to be the founder of Study Clubs cause I believe that develop the communities together will be easier than alone because had many suggestions from other elements.

For making it more organized, I created management system that was applied to them like learning target, administrative report, knowledge basic science, structure of communities, and sustainable organization development. Dividing time in the classroom and develop study club simultaneously made me enjoy in each process because I do it with the passion and love this job, organizing and student development. Because I know, a changing can occur by a bign effort with positive action and passionate. By patience and perseverance, Study Club has more exist and being superior program in faculty and the student who following increase fantastically. Nowaday, Study club of UMS is inisiator in creative learning and followed by majority of Physiotherapy Faculties in Indonesia.

For me, the leadership that I have is a way to create a changing and inspiring to other. Encouraging people surrounding me and creating small changing with Study Club are the evidence of my leadership skills, the ability that useful to other people.
MPT991 1 / 2 1  
Hi taufikekosusilo, i think you should go over your essay because it has a lot of grammatical error

'At the moment, organization atmosphere had been [...] and communities which support my activity'. It is hard to understand what you are trying to say here.

'At office, the leadership that has been forged since childhood ...'
Putting this sentence this way will be better: The leadership skills i developed during my childhood has made me to become courageous and a creative thinker.
Hi Taufik, first of all WELCOME to the Essay Forum Family, I hope we will be able to assist you in your writing projects and provide you with your much needed help. We can assure you that we will provide you with a straight forward comment or feedback in order for you to create an even stronger essay.

Having said that, this particular essay or letter rather is actually a very crucial one, if I were to say, this is the mother of all essay reviews that I do, the Chevening Scholarship is a very sought after scholarship, it is definitely one of those that when you get in, you are one of the few who will have the privilege to be part of one of the most prestigious scholarship and institution.

Now, before doing so, I know that you have done your work in researching as to what extent this scholarship would mean to you, what are the ideas and inputs that you have to include in your essay, having said that, I must say, your essay needs quiet a lot of work and to show you a little bit of that much needed enhancement, please find my suggestions below;

- MyI have discovered my leadership skills whenwas started since I was a student.
- On that time, I got fully supported byfrom my parents
- becauseas they believe that
- leadership as an experience during
- the early days would be useful for children in character building.
- At school, I followed someactively participated in student organizations,

There you have it Taufik, I hope this helped and hopefully I can come back to you for a few more suggestions.

Home / Scholarship / My leadership skill was started since I was a student. Chevening Scholarship 2017