I am a member of many multinational groups - Network skills essay for Chevening

Ysalah 3 / 8  
Network skills essay for Chevening

I need your urgent help.How do you see my examples ? are they convinced you?

I was born and raised in a multinational environment, outside my home country in Saudi Arabia. At the elementary level, I met classmates from many nationalities in Al Jalawyah School. I've succeeded in making good friendship at this school and this period implanted the seed of my networking skills.

The good network can result in fruitful work, for instance, the first year at university, a close friend Mohammed introduced me to one of the senior students named Othman, and he is of Nubian origin like me. Othman told me about Nubian Association at the College of Pharmacy and the need to activate its work. Firstly, we worked to gather Nubian students and their contacts. Secondly, we organized a day for meetings with all members in Sixth of October Garden. In the meeting, I was assigned as a cultural secretary who is responsible for awareness of the Nubian civilization in the faculty. I've made a board for us to share articles related to Nubian culture, for example, Nubian numerals.

I believe about the importance of networking skills in any success, especially in career. When I completed my graduate studies, I came back to Saudi Arabia to work. I stayed for months seeking for a job and at that time my father tried to help me search. He really impressed me about his huge network of people and the good relation he has with them. Actually, I benefitted from one of them by the name of Dr.Yahia. After we contacted him, he visited us and offered to take my resume to apply for a job in the same place he works. Two weeks after, I received a call for an interview from Saad Specialist Hospital. The interview was successful and I joined the hospital. This helped me build my own network

Today, social networking sites make a good connection between people. For example, I've used Facebook and LinkedIn to make new relations with whom I think will advantage me. Previously when I browsed Facebook, I joined a Sudanese Researcher Initiative group. It is a group with more than ninety thousand members from many fields. I always benefit from them like when I heard about Chevening Scholarship. I commonly use Whatsapp applications to reserve connection with my old and new relations. I send broadcast messages from time to time to 256 contacts including my relatives.

I've also joined university friends group, my distinct group in Sudan, and a university's pharmacists group in Saudi Arabia. This year, I've joined two groups on Facebook and Whatsapp for applicants of Chevening Scholarship. In these groups, we try to share information and answers about the application. I think I've started to build initial relations with Chevening's applicants whom might be a part of Chevening Society. In future, I will make a good connection with my Chevening network that I think will help me in developing my country.
Summertime 3 / 4 2  
I believe in the importan...

Ysalah I believe you might want to skip the names of your friends and the fact that they are your friends, just say I was introduced to the Nubian association.

Also, I beleiev you should totally skip the part about your dad, it's total out of point. create a direct link between yourself and Dr, Yehia, and I believe also you should mention his job as opposed to his name, since no body here knows who dr yehia is. what am trying to say is I believe you should should keep it professional, refer to people in their professional titles, and are you professionally linked to them.
OP Ysalah 3 / 8  
I took your notice and redraft the 2 points,Is it better now? :

# The good network can result in fruitful work, for instance,in the first year at university,I was introduced to a senior student named Othman.Then,he informed me about Nubian Association at the College of Pharmacy and the need to activate its work

# When I came to work in Saudi Arabia, I stayed for months seeking for a job.At that time,one advice from my father benefited me that I have to broaden my network in Saudi to ease the finding job. Actually, I contacted Dr.Yahia who is Senior Pharmacist in Pharmacy Store at Saad Specialist Hospital.He offered to take my resume to apply for a job in the same place he works. Two weeks after, I received a call for an interview from the hospital.The interview was successful and I joined the hospital. This helped me build my own network

Home / Scholarship / I am a member of many multinational groups - Network skills essay for Chevening