Quest For Excellence Awards Scholarship- Young Physician's Award

AU0594 15 / 31  
Why do you want to pursue a career in medicine? How do you hope your choice of study and work will make a difference in your own life and others? (300 word limit)

Trying to obtain a quest for excellence award through Questbridge, any criticism, whether good or bad, will help. No sugarcoating please! Thanks for all your help!!!

When Deepak Chopra said "bodies aren't nouns, they are verbs," my point-of-view towards the human body instantly changed. I realized I had been overlooking one of the body's most vital aspects: its ability to regenerate. Human bodies are like cars. The body I have this year is a 2011 model; last year I was riding an older version. The bones I walked with three weeks ago are completely different than the bones I jogged with today. With every breath I take, I exhale 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 molecules of myself into the surrounding environment; additional molecules constantly enter my body to counteract this loss.

So, how can I recall joyous moments in my childhood, if the cells retaining these memories have died and been replaced myriad times? Why should my body be predisposed to obtaining the diseases my parent's genes have cursed me with if the single cell I've developed from has been replaced with trillions of other cells-cells that weren't derived from my parents? Why do doctors prescribe the same medicine to an 80 year-old man and a 15 year-old child if they have two completely different, constantly changing bodily processes? If the healing of the human body and soul was done as a combined process; if patients were viewed as people, not diseases-then we'd not only have a much healthier America, but a much more content one as well. The body is just a multitude of "actions" the soul is constantly performing. If we nourish our soul with what it most ardently desires: colorful fresh foods, meditation, exercises, and kindness towards others; virtually all diseases can be prevented. This strategy, in combination with the various technological advances that can lead to infinitesimal medical discoveries, will help me reach my dreams of changing the way the world views healthcare.
So, how can I recall joyous moments from my childhood, if the cells retaining these memories have died and been replaced a myriad of times?

Why should my body be predisposed to developing the diseases my parent's genes have cursed me with, if the single cell I've developed from has been replaced by trillions of other cells-cells that weren't derived from my parents?

The body is just a multitude of "actions" the soul is constantly performing.---I love this!

If we nourish our soul with what it most ardently desires: colorful fresh foods, meditation, exercises, and kindness towards others; virtually all diseases can be prevented. ---I think you need to back this up somehow, or add one more clarifying sentence. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but it does sound far-fetched!

:)

Home / Scholarship / Quest For Excellence Awards Scholarship- Young Physician's Award