Science and research passion - Statement of Purpose graduate admission requirement

ashab_17 1 / 1 1  

Science and research passion

I still take a trip down in my memory lane on that day when I was first introduced with lightning on sky at my childhood, I became quite inquisitive and passionate to science, especially to electricity, and this alacrity developed a latent interest to study science as a major subject in Secondary and Higher secondary education. The passion that I evolved from the natural phenomena of electricity motivated me to study applied science like Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE).

The passion for science as well as EEE persuaded me to dedicate myself to grasp properly the basics of a wide array of courses. The courses those made me more passionate to research are Power System Analysis, Power Electronics, High Voltage Engineering, and Renewable Energy. Semiconductor physics and material science. Subsequently, I evolved a research idea in my final year dissertation titled "Economic load dispatch calculation using Nonlinear Programming (NLP) in General Algebraic Modeling System (GAMS) and Compare the Result with MATLAB" which is based on GRG (General Gradient Reduction) optimization. I founded strong base in learning GRG, Particle Swarm Optimization, Quantum Particle Swarm Optimization, Genetic Algorithm, Fuzzy Logic, Artificial Neural Network, GAMS code, MATLAB code and MATLAB SIMULINK. Moreover, my thesis study and research working in a research group, trained me to perform as a better team member and leader. I organized two Inter University Debating & Gaming contest and played as a member of STH Hall badminton team in Intra University Badminton Championship.

After completing my undergraduate program, while I had been working as an electrical engineer in an industrial zone, the installation of solar panels on the shed of the pavement of the industrial zone contributed a significant amount of power demand, which reinvigorated and motivated me to study and research in searching different energy solution, and three international journals published my papers related to the renewable and green energy solution. I wish to continue a path of research, to grasp knowledge from great scholars and to share my knowledge and experiences in enriching my understanding.

As a first step to effectuate my desire of learning, I am seeking admission to the MSEE program at X University. While I was searching higher study and research opportunity similar to my research interests, I find MSEE of X which is very impressive for me due to similar research area. I believe, especially, its advanced laboratory facilities, dedicated research centers like Ceb Com, CARR etc. would provide a compatible environment to focus on my goal. Moreover, highly qualified faculty members in ECE department like Mr. X who researched a remarkable work titled "name" and Mr. Y who researched an impressive work titled "name" greatly influenced me to be ardent to study in MSEE in X. I strongly corroborate that the knowledge and experiences become more influential, enjoyable and expandable when they are shared. Moreover, being well aware of that study in USA demands hard work, sincerity and diligence, I am importuning the opportunity to walk on that path of innovation organized and enriched by the great scholars of X.

I would like to continue a path of research in X University on power system analysis (smart grid) based Optimization and algorithm approach. I want to research in distributed algorithms for major power systems operation applications, and smart grid modeling, monitoring and controlling etc. In addition to Power System analysis, I want to research in Power Electronics and Electromagnetic application to design intelligent model of advanced Drive Train, Smart Storage Device, Smart Var Compensator, and Intelligent converter for most efficient and most economical penetration of renewable energy to the grid. Furthermore, If I get the opportunity to be a part of the research team of X University, I will be intended for researching in renewable energy resources, collaborating with Semiconductor physics and Nanotechnology like Plasmonic solar cell, Quantum Dot Solar Cell, thermoelectric refrigeration, thermoelectric and thermos-photovoltaic conversion of waste heat, Microchip super capacitor.

As an optimist and enthusiast of achieving a certain goal, I believe this program in X will aid me to not only attain a treasure of knowledge, but to be trained as a student of innovation and assiduity, to be able to fulfill the standards of the university, and to add a desirable contribution to the research path of X. These consequential achievements will prepare me to flourish my innovative idea, my knowledge of electrical engineering and my past experiences in the way of advancement in electrical power and renewable energy research. Hence, as a young man of ambition, I am dreaming to see myself after completing graduation as a part of the leading research group of my country contributing to the field of electrical power and renewable energy system by my assiduous and laborious research work. I also seriously consider pursuing a Doctoral Degree (PhD) at a later stage in order to continue the improvement in the field of my research.

I think it would be a great inspiration and hope for me if you would give me the opportunity to ensue my graduate studies at your highly esteemed university.
Ashab, first of all, please do not use the term "etc." in your essay because that is an informal term that is perceived as rude in professional academic writing. Either complete the list of interests you have or just mention your top 3 choices. When you use the term "etc." you make it sound like you are not really serious about what you are writing and sharing with the reviewer.

It is important that you mention one specific purpose for your interest in pursuing this line of study, along with only one point of research which is normally related to your purpose for study. This is so that you can present a solid frame of mind and reference to the reviewer that shows your ability to complete this course within one year or two at the most. The way you have your research listed, it sounds like you have enough to keep you going well into PhD studies. Just keep it simple and focused.

The current status of your essay is "draft in progress". That is because of the aforementioned problems that plague your work. You must focus the essay on the actual purpose of your study, cut back on the back stories, and make sure that the college studies portion is a mere overview. The important consideration at this point is the applicability of your masters studies to your current line of work. This is done by developing a short term career plan to indicate that you have plans to actually use your masters degree training immediately after graduation.
OP ashab_17 1 / 1 1  
Dear concern, I reviewed it carefully.Please suggest me anything wrong.
Thanks and best regards.

I still take a trip down in my memory lane to my years in higher secondary school, where I was first introduced to physics and calculus. I became able to figure out the reason of lightning in the sky which was fascinating and esoteric for me in my childhood. This interpretation of natural phenomena of electricity and amazing method of finding the maxima and minima of a function developed a passion for pursuing my career in a subject related to applied science and applied mathematics like Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE).

The passion for EEE persuaded me to ...
Ashab, you have gotten your researched published in 3 journals. Use that as a strength in your application. Universities are always impressed by students who have managed to get their research papers published because it turns you into some sort of authority in that field. If you can, please mention the title of the articles and the journals where these were published, with publication date if ever. That will be a very good addition to your credentials. Specially if your succeeding masters degree thesis is still related to your previous research. The interest will be in the way that your next set of research, if published, will be done with the help of the university. Potential publicity for the university will have the reviewer consider your application more seriously. So make sure to build up on that information. Highlight it whenever possible and when you discuss your next research project, make sure to imply that you plan to have it published while you are still a student at the university.

Home / Scholarship / Science and research passion - Statement of Purpose graduate admission requirement